Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin v Parkway - Saturday.

Really looking forward to this match Parkway are the best team i have seen this year but Godolphin will give them a good game the Landicombe brothers are both brilliant players but the whole Parkway team is so talented im going for a 2-2 draw .It will be my last game for a while because next week im off to Bristols South mead for a big op to get rid of this kidney cancer so i will be off my feet for a while .Would like to wish the G all the best and looking forward to being there on satday to watch a really good match

I will be at my usual place by the away dug out taking photos the old way using film hope it stays dry Thankyou for wishing me luck theolderigetbetterthis im not looking forward to the 10 hour op such a long way to go to Bristol from Newquay but was told its the only place that deals with the cancer i got well as Monty Python song goes when lifes a piece of shit Always Look on The Bright side of life and thats what im going to do .So roll on satday and a good game

I will be at my usual place by the away dug out taking photos the old way using film hope it stays dry Thankyou for wishing me luck theolderigetbetterthis im not looking forward to the 10 hour op such a long way to go to Bristol from Newquay but was told its the only place that deals with the cancer i got well as Monty Python song goes when lifes a piece of shit Always Look on The Bright side of life and thats what im going to do .So roll on satday and a good game

As I said Cornish, my mate just been there and done that - all fine, same for you bud, git on.

Well it was like watching the Alamo today as wave after wave of Parkway attacks where forced back by a fine Godolphin Defence a really enjoyable game Parkway played some lovely football and the G defended like there lifes depended on it A 1-0 Win for the G Godolphin team of the year Derek Martin manager of the year Well done to the G and Parkway for a very good match Parkway didnt deserve to loose but they will still be there at the season but dont write the G off .Man of the match the Godolphin defence brilliant display .My last game for a while but i will be back well i hope i will be to watch more games like this .

Parkway were very flat throughout this game and played like a side that had not been in action since the 14th of December . The first half we were shocking apart a decent spell of 10 minutes or so immediately after going behind , and really should have converted some of the opportunities that were created in this period .We improved in the second half but , for all the possession we had in the attacking third and the string of corners won , created few clear cut openings and when we did finally get the ball in the net, Mike Landricombe had it ruled out for offside/push on the defender ( not sure which).

Hopefully this will clear out the cobwebs for the games ahead and was only a blip .As for Godolphin , I was impressed by their energy and organisation and the way they played for each other throughout . I didn't get a programme ( they had sold out ) and didn't hear the team announcements , but myself and The Bald One picked numbers 2 ,5, 8 and 12 out as decent players . I see that The G have only dropped 7 points from a possible 27 at home , I think that plenty of other teams will find it a tough place to visit

Good game today at Godolphin Way. End to end, big tackles, both teams created chances and the game had the feel of a good cup tie with both teams wanting to win and pushing right up until the final whistle. It's true that G had their backs to the wall at times and came under pressure and even rode their luck at times...... But so did Parkway!! This was by no means a one sided affair or a lucky win for the G. If anything they probably created the best chances. And Parkway were lucky to have 11 men still on the pitch when the last defender brought down Lowry who was through 1 on 1 with the keeper.

Good competitive game all round and I don't think anyone will have too many complaints about the final result. Well done the G. Another big scalp this season....

Parkway were very flat throughout this game and played like a side that had not been in action since the 14th of December . The first half we were shocking apart a decent spell of 10 minutes or so immediately after going behind , and really should have converted some of the opportunities that were created in this period .We improved in the second half but , for all the possession we had in the attacking third and the string of corners won , created few clear cut openings and when we did finally get the ball in the net, Mike Landricombe had it ruled out for offside/push on the defender ( not sure which).

Hopefully this will clear out the cobwebs for the games ahead and was only a blip .As for Godolphin , I was impressed by their energy and organisation and the way they played for each other throughout . I didn't get a programme ( they had sold out ) and didn't hear the team announcements , but myself and The Bald One picked numbers 2 ,5, 8 and 12 out as decent players . I see that The G have only dropped 7 points from a possible 27 at home , I think that plenty of other teams will find it a tough place to visit

Well said, sounds like a very fair assessment. I wonder if Parkway's lack of matches will catch up with them. Are they all match fit ?

Thanks Keith ,

Apart from Luke Rundle and Jamie Bass , it's a fully fit squad . It looked like match sharpness was the issue , the enforced month off took it's toll with a lot of players looking like they were struggling for a bit for form . We had a lot of good possession in the second half , but the final bit of quality and composure that was needed in the key areas proved elusive .

I'll say it again though , Godolphin looked a lot sharper and were worthy winners .

Excellent travelling support from Parkway , myself and the Bald One reckoned that around 40 had made the journey down .

I really feel the league this season could be a lot closer than some think. Although parkway have only dropped a few points so far they have so many games to catch up on. They will certainly drop more points towards the end of the season when the possibility of 3 games a week being crammed in at this rate.

A fair assessment by most posters but not sure about the potential red card decision. I think if the referee had watched very closely that no contact was made in the tackle. I will admit though that it did look convincing and most players would have gone down. Last man Yes ! But the ball angling towards the corner was crucial. Yellow card probably went to the wrong player in all honesty. The answer is just to let the striker pass I guess and trust to luck

On the edge stuff all game. I can not believe we did not score at least one goal. I like the description from 100%Cornish about the Alamo. So many attempts and nothing to show for it. I do not want to take anything away from the Godolphin performance as they battled all match and played some very good fast pass and move football. Scott Flanagan was my man of the match.

Confident and composed all game.

For the last 20 minutes Parkway sported last seasons top 3 scorers in the league.

Got to mention the awful miss by Levi Landricome , who had three quarters of the goal to slot the ball into and tried to break the net with the ball going out for a throwing.

Great result for the G and I am sure we will avenge this result on the home fixture.

The village idiot made himself visible by shouting a right load of pump from behind the goal , both halves. lol... :drink:

Could this be Pugwash , who has gone very quiet over the past few weeks ?

Not sure what the quantity of the crowd was , but I counted at least 40 Parkway followers.

Would have been a nice gesture if the beaten Parkway players had acknowledged us at the end of the game !

All history now , roll on next Saturday,

Cmon Parkway.

I was standing watching the match yesterday hoping to see theolderigetthebetteriwas i think you was near me with a big Parkway scarf on but i didnt want to say thanks to you about the kind words you said about my op this week in Bristol in case you wasnt him and i would of looked a pratt well thanks a lot for your words .It was a real good games yesterday i thought Adam Carter had some lovely touches for such a big bloke and no8 Danny Lewis very skillful player ,I can see Bodmin winning the league for 1 reason really Kevin Miller hes the best goalie in the league but Parkway will win the Senior cup i think and i can see Godolphin being in the south western league cup final But its got to be Bodmin for me with 2 trophies .

I was standing watching the match yesterday hoping to see theolderigetthebetteriwas i think you was near me with a big Parkway scarf on but i didnt want to say thanks to you about the kind words you said about my op this week in Bristol in case you wasnt him and i would of looked a pratt well thanks a lot for your words .It was a real good games yesterday i thought Adam Carter had some lovely touches for such a big bloke and no8 Danny Lewis very skillful player ,I can see Bodmin winning the league for 1 reason really Kevin Miller hes the best goalie in the league but Parkway will win the Senior cup i think and i can see Godolphin being in the south western league cup final But its got to be Bodmin for me with 2 trophies .

Nope Cornish, I was not there yesterday, planned to, but, went elsewhere in the end.

On the edge stuff all game. I can not believe we did not score at least one goal. I like the description from 100%Cornish about the Alamo. So many attempts and nothing to show for it. I do not want to take anything away from the Godolphin performance as they battled all match and played some very good fast pass and move football. Scott Flanagan was my man of the match.

Confident and composed all game.

For the last 20 minutes Parkway sported last seasons top 3 scorers in the league.

Got to mention the awful miss by Levi Landricome , who had three quarters of the goal to slot the ball into and tried to break the net with the ball going out for a throwing.

Great result for the G and I am sure we will avenge this result on the home fixture.

The village idiot made himself visible by shouting a right load of pump from behind the goal , both halves. lol... :drink:

Could this be Pugwash , who has gone very quiet over the past few weeks ?

Not sure what the quantity of the crowd was , but I counted at least 40 Parkway followers.

Would have been a nice gesture if the beaten Parkway players had acknowledged us at the end of the game !

All history now , roll on next Saturday,

Cmon Parkway.

Good morning Baldone. Who ever said I was a G fan ? I was not there there Saturday either.