Cornwall Football Forum

Great Away Win For Newquay afc

Having drifted back to Earth, I'd just like to say well done to the squad of players and coaches, a superb performance from everyone involved. Exmouth had lost just one SWPL match at home in 18 months before The Peppermints rolled into town, this was no fluke, Newquay deserved the win, a fact acknowledged by the hosts.

Considering the Reserves had 65 fans at the home match, Godolphin were playing a big game down the road, I'd like to say well done to the 20 or so who made the long trip to Exmouth. For those who have yet to visit Southern Road, the food outlet is well run and fairly priced, the clubhouse is welcoming and with a choice of seating on one side of the ground and a covered terraced stand right between the two dug-outs, this is one of the nicer grounds I've been to in the SWPL.

Once again, well done to all involved at Newquay, cracking result on Boxing Day, followed by a great win on Saturday, both away... off to Camelford on Saturday and hopefully another battling performance.