Cornwall Football Forum

Anthony Reynolds steps down at truro city SWPL

I spoke to Reno in the early hours of this morn lol, I know his reasons for leaving, but not going to publically post it, but fair play to him, top bloke and a bit of family time out I feel is coming, done a good job at Truro this year, obviously according to some its not good enough, real shame, hopefully see him back in football in the future

From what Guido has been told down the tavern tonight.

Mr Reynolds, a experienced manager in West Cornwall was brought to Truro City by Mr Steve Massey after departing Hayle.

Mr Steve Massey (Truro City Director of Football) wants the Reserve team to get promoted to SWPL Premier. Reno knew this from the beginning and was under pressure to get results from the start.

Steve Massey then brought his brother Stuart in as a Reserve Team coach last week. This was a source of friction.

After yesterday's defeat to Porthleven, sensing he was about to be stabbed in the back by Steve, he resigned.

As people have hinted above, it will be no surprise to see Stuart Massey installed as the new manager this week.

Hope to see Reno back involved soon. A lot of knowledge of football in West Cornwall.

Again only a rumour.....

renno top bloke done wonders at hayle on no budget and if the players did not leave for the filthy lucre we would have been still witha swpl team and renno leading them , renno dont stay away to long at you are welcolme at your old stomping ground anytime , best of luck for the future , who knows we may all meet up again someday ha ha

From what Guido has been told down the tavern tonight.

Mr Reynolds, a experienced manager in West Cornwall was brought to Truro City by Mr Steve Massey after departing Hayle.

Mr Steve Massey (Truro City Director of Football) wants the Reserve team to get promoted to SWPL Premier. Reno knew this from the beginning and was under pressure to get results from the start.

Steve Massey then brought his brother Stuart in as a Reserve Team coach last week. This was a source of friction.

After yesterday's defeat to Porthleven, sensing he was about to be stabbed in the back by Steve, he resigned.

As people have hinted above, it will be no surprise to see Stuart Massey installed as the new manager this week.

Hope to see Reno back involved soon. A lot of knowledge of football in West Cornwall.

Again only a rumour.....

that club is a lash up

pointers my dear boy i have known reno for 25years and am in a very good position to say about the above post, as my son played for him up to saturday and was a sub in that game i spent the afternoon with reno. You talk shite the above postings are true, about stuart coming in he arrived for the first time at training last tuesday (just for slap head pointers i was there) he had a long conversation with reno and on saturday i spoke to mark fenton prior to the game and all three seemed quite happy with the situation. Sadly for reno there linesman didnt turn up and he being qualified had to run the line, i think having stood beside him in the first half he was very frustrated that he may not of been able to get his point across, as of course you arent as a lino. The first 15 mins would of been only fair to say that truro not only could but should of been 3-0 maybe 3-1 up, one on one chances were sorely missed and the youngsters of porthleven which my son played with in the same team at junior level and in other sides( therefore i think it qualifies me to talk about them pointers)grew in confidence at the fact they were still level. At the 20-25 min mark they scored a goal and at this stage were the better side and with dennis annear in goal his talking allowed them more and more to attack truro, who without any doubt on this unfortunate saturday done themselves no justice. There seemed from my point of view that when truro lined up for the second half they were all disjointed and im not sure if 2 or 3 really knew there positions. I also know that three players from friday night to sat morning could not make it. As for reno calling it a day he clearly was not happy with this performance and having watched it you couldnt blame him. Just for pointers again having known reno for many years he is not a quitter but on this occasion maybe there was only one outcome. i am not referring to the result on sat but maybe why he quit is black and white literally. ps pointers maybe one day you will write something positive although i wont hold my breath.

Many thanks to the people i know within this thread. Your kind words and support are very much appreciated and many I count as good friends.

Disappointed of course. Integrity and dignity is something i truly believe in so anyone looking for anything different within the post will be disappointed.

My issues did not lie with Steve, we had a good working relationship and I wish him and his players the best for the remainder of the season. Stuart M was my appointment 100%, Steve had no influence in this at all. I appointed my own staff.

Promotion this season was not what Steve and I discussed for the 2013/14 season. Saturday's defeat was also not the reason i resigned. My decision was not taken lightly and was with a heavy heart. I felt the job was becoming untenable and my views on how a team should be run were very different than somebody else.

The biggest thanks goes to Mark,Paul,Grace, Jodie, Diane, Mark Brent, Ian Rennie,and all the SWPL players and supporters who made me very welcome at TCFC. They embraced my management by working hard and improving as a group of players they are true credit to themselves. The team can really push for a top five finish and also have Charity cup quarter final to look forward to against Callington.

Regards

Reno