Cornwall Football Forum

St Dennis v Launceston Senior cup 15th feb

What happened to the Sunday on 3G option??

Sunday was never a definite, it ended up that we couldnt use the callington 3G pitch on a Sunday because they couldn't get staff to open up.

That's why we booked Saturday night at Newquay 3G pitch but launceston couldn't make that as it was a 6 o'clock kick off, so back to square 1.

Chesterfield it's not just him though, I spend a lot of time down here, taking time off work etc to get the pitch ready, and il be trying to get it ready tomorrow to play on and I will be 1, along with old man putting it right, I'm a player and I wanna play so if I got to put it right I don't mind

St Dennis v Launceston is off,

Got down here this morning and it became apparent quickly that the first team pitch was unplayable, a load of us got to work on the second pitch which is in better shape and made it playable, phoned Launceston and told them that the second pitch was playable to which they replied they were not prepared to play on that pitch? It's not wembley but it has been passed by the SW Peninsula League for use in their league and cup competitions, my opinion is that you would want to get that game out of the way bearing in mind the nightmare that this tie has become?

Any thoughts..............?

Got down here this morning and it became apparent quickly that the first team pitch was unplayable, a load of us got to work on the second pitch which is in better shape and made it playable, phoned Launceston and told them that the second pitch was playable to which they replied they were not prepared to play on that pitch? It's not wembley but it has been passed by the SW Peninsula League for use in their league and cup competitions, my opinion is that you would want to get that game out of the way bearing in mind the nightmare that this tie has become?

Not Exactly the conversation I had with Dave at 10.30. He told me 2nd pitch still had standing water in bottom corner and we agreed it was not playable. On to Tues / weds night.

Not Exactly the conversation I had with Dave at 10.30. He told me 2nd pitch still had standing water in bottom corner and we agreed it was not playable. On to Tues / weds night.

Nope pitch was playable, they said they didnt want to play on that pitch

Nope pitch was playable, they said they didnt want to play on that pitch

They should forfeit the game! If the pitch has been ok'd by the league for league and cup games and was playable then how can any club refuse to play on it??? Was a referee call ed in to inspect it?

Raze, the top pitch was 75 % ok but the other 25% made it dangerous to be honest, I was there for 2 and a half hours getting rid of surface water to get this game played. Went to have a look at the 2nd pitch, noing Phil hiscox gave us the ok when they did there yearly check of pitches, that the 2nd pitch was ok to hold games, it was 10 times better then the top pitch and apart from 1 little 2 metre square area in the top corner by the 18 yard box, (which was forked and no longer had standing water) it WAS playable, we called launceston and said that the top pitch was a no go but the bottom pitch was ok, they refused to play on it, obviously to our frustration we were annoyed because this fixture as come some what of a joke now, (Spose u can't help the weather) but we had a pitch playable and it wasn't played so it pretty annoying for us and the lads.

Just wondering were we stand on that basis.

Raze, the top pitch was 75 % ok but the other 25% made it dangerous to be honest, I was there for 2 and a half hours getting rid of surface water to get this game played. Went to have a look at the 2nd pitch, noing Phil hiscox gave us the ok when they did there yearly check of pitches, that the 2nd pitch was ok to hold games, it was 10 times better then the top pitch and apart from 1 little 2 metre square area in the top corner by the 18 yard box, (which was forked and no longer had standing water) it WAS playable, we called launceston and said that the top pitch was a no go but the bottom pitch was ok, they refused to play on it, obviously to our frustration we were annoyed because this fixture as come some what of a joke now, (Spose u can't help the weather) but we had a pitch playable and it wasn't played so it pretty annoying for us and the lads.

Just wondering were we stand on that basis.

But did you get a local referee to ok it Lee? I cant see Launceston have a leg to stand on, did you inform SWPL(Phil) that they refused to play!

As Cornwall FA directed Callington & Truro Reserves to play on the 3G at Callington School last weekend I'm surprised they didn't insist on the use of the second pitch at St Dennis, provided of course that it is indeed "approved".

Similarly I'm surprised they didn't insist on the Newquay 3G option which was apparently booked & ready.

I feel there's more to this story than we've been told - anyone know the real reason for Launceston's apparent refusal to play?

Posted · Hidden by Dave Deacon, February 17, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Dave Deacon, February 17, 2014 - No reason given

Is it me, or are the moderators becoming rather lax? Surely this moronic apology of a poster is more than offensive enough to warrant deletion, if not exclusion. I am impressed with your patience Mr. Ricks9!

Scotty has been forking launcestons pitch non stop for 16 hours now he's gona have a nap and carry on in the morning and he said ricks licks dicks

Posted · Hidden by Dave Deacon, February 17, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Dave Deacon, February 17, 2014 - No reason given

Is it me, or are the moderators becoming rather lax? Surely this moronic apology of a poster is more than offensive enough to warrant deletion, if not exclusion. I am impressed with your patience Mr. Ricks9!

Scotty has been forking launcestons pitch non stop for 16 hours now he's gona have a nap and carry on in the morning and he said ricks licks dicks

I couldn't agree more. Who needs this kind of drivel?

Perhaps the moderator could consider the possibility that there might be minors who look at this forum from time to time.

:SM_carton: