Cornwall Football Forum

Sticker v Bude

Sticker 5 Bude 1

Bude took the lead after about 5 minutes with a well taken, volleyed finish. Sticker had the chance to equalise when the lively Matt Lloyd was brought down in the box after a good, mazy run. Liam Dingle's penalty was well saved by the visiting keeper.

Sticker did get themselves level soon after when the ball dropped to Andrew Butler, about 25 yards out and his powerful, first time volley flew into the roof of the net giving the keeper no chance. They then went in front before half-time when more good work by Lloyd led to him feeding Butler who finished well from about 12 yards.

Bude had battled well in the first half, especially in the first half-an-hour, but Sticker gradually grew into the game after they got use to Bude's 5 man midfield.

The second half was quite even until Lloyd got a deserved goal with a well taken finish midway through the half. He soon got his second with a tap in from 5 yards. The scoring was completed when a free-kick was headed back across the box by player-manager, Andrew Avery, for Jack Bowyer to head in from close range. Bowyer almost got a second when his shot hit the post.

Bude battled hard, but they rarely troubled Ryan Holland in the home goal - I cannot recall him making a save. The lone striker for Bude was isolated until they pushed another player forward, which opened up the game for Sticker. I was surprised that Bude only had 1 sub when their second team game was postponed.

A decent match, with a deserved win for a Sticker.

Sticker 5 Bude 1

Bude took the lead after about 5 minutes with a well taken, volleyed finish. Sticker had the chance to equalise when the lively Matt Lloyd was brought down in the box after a good, mazy run. Liam Dingle's penalty was well saved by the visiting keeper.

Sticker did get themselves level soon after when the ball dropped to Andrew Butler, about 25 yards out and his powerful, first time volley flew into the roof of the net giving the keeper no chance. They then went in front before half-time when more good work by Lloyd led to him feeding Butler who finished well from about 12 yards.

Bude had battled well in the first half, especially in the first half-an-hour, but Sticker gradually grew into the game after they got use to Bude's 5 man midfield.

The second half was quite even until Lloyd got a deserved goal with a well taken finish midway through the half. He soon got his second with a tap in from 5 yards. The scoring was completed when a free-kick was headed back across the box by player-manager, Andrew Avery, for Jack Bowyer to head in from close range. Bowyer almost got a second when his shot hit the post.

Bude battled hard, but they rarely troubled Ryan Holland in the home goal - I cannot recall him making a save. The lone striker for Bude was isolated until they pushed another player forward, which opened up the game for Sticker. I was surprised that Bude only had 1 sub when their second team game was postponed.

A decent match, with a deserved win for a Sticker.

Thanks for that Chris you saved me a job!!

Can you confirm that Butler scored the 2nd goal. The match report by Lee Hall on the Cornish Guardian website is giving the goal to Jason Rogers.

It was Andrew Butler who scored the second goal unless my eyes were playing tricks on me!

Yours eyes were ok Chris it was definately Andrew Butler!