Cornwall Football Forum

AFC St Austell vs St Day Tues 18th Feb 7.30pm KO - SENIOR CUP QUARTER-FINAL

Guest johnperryman777

im still here unfortunetly for some there hasnt been any interesting to talk about lately specially with this bad weather anyway just popped my head throuigh the gate at poltair and this game should be on in my opinion beautiful blue sky here.

good luck to the boys lets put one over st PAY i predict 5.1

The game was a total disgrace, the officials didn't seem to have a clue, especially with there being a few county officials there, the st.day manager wrongly got sent to the stands mid way though the first half because he was out of the technical box but st.austells assistant manager ran to the corner flag to tell the linesman so he was also outside the area, and also was shouting at the linesman right behind him and getting personal, the fist goal from st.day shouldn't have been a free kick but it was and so the keeper should off been booked at least. And st.austells first was a goal apart from the scorer being about 10 yards offside apart from that a good game with both sides playing good football.

Was delighted to make the trip up to poltair park, only to be bitterly disappointed by the Shambles that happened before my eyes. The referee seemed to have little control over both sides, with the game getting a little heated, early doors.

Assistants flagging for decisions that were miles onside but keeping the flag down for decisions that were yards offside.

One rule for one management team and another for the other management side.

Other than that both sides done themselves justice, St day didn't let themselves down, and st austell just doing what was expect.

2 lads up top for St Austell, lively as hell.

Threatening as a front 6 really, St austell were.

But pretty poor at the back.

Good luck to St Austell in the Semi finals.

The St Day manager (Matt? great character) was correctly sent to the stands. He was way out of his box from the start on just about every occasion. He was warned by the lino but persisted. Yes Laffs was out too, as usual, but didn't see him warned. Two soft decisions led to the first two St Day goals (dubious free kick but wonderful strike, bit of a clumsy challenge which led to pen). Well worked 3rd goal. Reski ran the show and the speed and awareness of Rickard and Body made the difference. Step 6 v Step 8 says it all.

I remember Mr Harris been so far out of his technical area that he was pkaying centre mid on several occasions.

Seems the decision was correct , although lack of consistency shown by the officials. Can't say too much as wasn't there to witness it-but be careful what is said, St Day have been punished for comments posted on social media and would hate for it or something similar happen again.

Sounds like St Day gave a great account of themselves so big congratulations to them for representing the combo league so well.

All the best.

Guest johnperryman777

all officials were poor last night st day gave a very good account of themselves and done the combination proud must say that ricard and body up front look dangerous potetial bannanaskin avoided and we are now in the senior cup semi final all in all a good cup tie and a decent crowd just a shame the officials were out of there depth. overall step 6 v step 8 as mentioned in a previous post was the difference also good to see we have martin watts back after injusry the back 4 off lean williams arscott and watts is as good as anything in the league but they need time to gel

things strting to look good under new management and the fans are looking forward to the future

This is the game I saw. St Austell completely dominant for over an hour, with St Day chasing shadows. St Austell were two yards quicker in thought, pace and ability, nothing contentious in the game for the referee or lino's to get wrong, thought they did fine, a pretty tame affair. Could have been a lot more goals for St Austell, if, the St Day keeper didn't make 3 first class saves, if the pitch wasn't a bit lumpy, and the forwards had squared the ball a bit more often instead of shooting.

St Austell taking their foot of the gas allowed St Day to make the score a bit respectful, all in all a football lesson to be had by some, with a decent bit of entertainment - after a lot of weeks with no football.

Really good game, St Austell were brilliant going forward, the movement of Body and Rickard is first class, but I was also impressed with St Day on the break, tidy team.

The ref to be fair was terrible for both sides so it didn't really matter in the end, St Days first goal, a brilliant free kick was never a foul in a million years from Chapman and even if it was, why was he not booked? Could and should really have been 7 or 8 at half time but St Day to be fair took advantage of St Austell sleeping at the end and made a game of it.

Best player on the pitch by a million miles was Martin Watts, his left foot is like a wand! Whe he gits fit he will be even better.

St Austell St Blazey final would be awesome!

See where your coming from dave..but just my opinion that it would make a good final to have the best two cornish teams make up the final

I'm sure we've all seen many a final with the "2 best" teams in it which has turned out to be the biggest bore ever seen over 90 minutes.

Last year's don't forget had a team from the division below, and what two games they were! Passion and desire sometimes outplays being "the best"