Cornwall Football Forum

Senior cup st blazey v Godolphin

Considering how wet the pitch was it wasn't a bad game. Swains goal was the result of some crisp passing between Coombes, Zallick and Swain. Bello and Swain both went very close later into the second half after some very good passing. Godolphin troubled the ball boy more than Painter in goal but Blazey were hanging on towards the end. The referee decided to play until nearly 21:30, seemed excessive, I'd have loved to know where he got the time from. Seemed to me like the first half, which was interrupted for a good few minutes by quite a nasty looking gouge to the eye for a Godolphin player, was too short, and the second far too long. Poor time keeping, a tendancy to bring play back several seconds after incidents happened and a couple of puzzling decisions from the referee.

Overall a decent enough game and Blazey through to the Semi.

Fully desearved. Goldophin didnt really make many clear chances. Good game of football. Pitch held up very well considering the pitch was under water just a few days ago!! Great finish for the winning goal. When did St Blazey last reach the semi final of the senior cup? Could be best part of 8 or more years ago?? Could it be a Blazey v Snozzle final????

Fully desearved. Goldophin didnt really make many clear chances. Good game of football. Pitch held up very well considering the pitch was under water just a few days ago!! Great finish for the winning goal. When did St Blazey last reach the semi final of the senior cup? Could be best part of 8 or more years ago?? Could it be a Blazey v Snozzle final????

That would be good - the first St Austell - St Blazey for just over half a century!

Gritty display by the whole St.Blazey team and importantly kept a clean sheet and pinched that important single goal victory in front of a small crowd.

Who ever gets them in Saturdays' Semi Final draw will have a game on their hands, take them lightly at your peril.

Once again thanks should go to groundsman 'Paul' who prepared an excellent playing surface which held up really well despite the heavy afternoon rain. Shame there were not more there watching looked only half what was at Poltair the previous evening. Bobby Oaten and the St.Blazey Committee deserve better.

If you look at the support of the top 8 teams in the premier there are some healthy attendances, supporters dont want to go watch teams languishing around the bottom half of the league..certainly not the neutral guys that have other games to choose from around the same area. Unfortunatly st.blazey have lost their appeal in recent years along with a list of other clubs. If the attendance was poor for a cup quarter final then what does that tell you. Majority of fans want to watch good teams..its the same at football league clubs success brings crowds.

Guest johnperryman777

leeds united a mojority of fans want to watch good teams with local players this doesnt apply to st blazey atm at st austell when we had no local players we had no support.

booby oaten has done a great job at st blazey and the blazey fans should support him

I dont believe the local players bring supporters etc. Once they have a green and black shirt on you get behind them. As I mentioned in another thread, Plymouth is only 40 minutes from St Blazey. You could argue with poor single roads that Truro is further away from Blaize Park then Plymouth. But no one would say anything if we had players from the Truro area. Its just Plymouth is seen as another planet as far as some cornish foke are concerned.

Last night was a re arranged match played in awful weather with champions league football on tele. It was never going to be a sell out!!

I'm surprised someone from "The G Army" camp havent been on here slating a bad decision or saying the best team lost on the night. Pugwash. You still alive?

Here I am , no complaints from me. Blazey just edged it. Good luck to them in the next round. See , not always a turnip. Lol.

blazey can win the cup ! good clean sheat aganist a good team ! with dan evans blazey have a better defents now guna get loads of clean sheats now and swain is the best player in the leage scores evry game wot a goal ! blazey can beat any1 around i rekon. blazey st.austel final is wot we all want !

Spell check might be a good idea