Cornwall Football Forum

Parkway V Elmore

Parkway 0 - 0 Elmore another 2 pts dropped..... No report from TBO tonight then!

Give the guy a chance . Yes , it was another two points dropped , and we have only taken two out of a possible nine in our last three matches , but Elmore were battered tonight . I would love to know what the possession stats were , but I would imagine that Parkway had around ninety percent of the play . We were camped inside the Elmore half for long periods in both halves but , although we lacked composure in front of goal on occasions , Joe Moore in the visitors goal had the game of his life . Me , The Bald One and the other regulars around us counted at least ten top drawer saves . No wonder Wayne Hillson stood looking stunned at the final whistle ,he couldn't work out how at least one effort didn't go in .

We created enough good chances for a landslide victory , but it's a worry that those games in hand are starting to run out now .

Parkway 0 - 0 Elmore another 2 pts dropped..... No report from TBO tonight then!

Give the guy a chance . Yes , it was another two points dropped , and we have only taken two out of a possible nine in our last three matches , but Elmore were battered tonight . I would love to know what the possession stats were , but I would imagine that Parkway had around ninety percent of the play . We were camped inside the Elmore half for long periods in both halves but , although we lacked composure in front of goal on occasions , Joe Moore in the visitors goal had the game of his life . Me , The Bald One and the other regulars around us counted at least ten top drawer saves . No wonder Wayne Hillson stood looking stunned at the final whistle ,he couldn't work out how at least one effort didn't go in .

We created enough good chances for a landslide victory , but it's a worry that those games in hand are starting to run out now .

WOTP - Tongue in cheek.... But, camped, 90% of play, keeper playing blinder (that's why he is there) creating chances, unfortunately don't win matches and unless your strikers find their form again and start banging in the goals again the pressure can only get bigger, I hope you can turn the corner sooner rather than later....

Well another poor result from Parkway who I was thinking would win the league with ease. Looking far more competitive now, I like the look of Saltash.

Normally the games in hand, are good to have, but, this year I would rather have the points in the bag! There will be a almighty fixture pile up for a few teams, this will include Parkway & Saltash. That's success for you....

A few fixtures now that parkway would hope will put them back on track, hey we will be there come end of the season. Exmouth position suddenly isn't looking so false, agree with well past it saltash look good value, though having seen the fixtures conjestion, it will surely be to much for them with a small squad

There is a neutral viewpoint on the SWPL forum under "Featured Matches Roving Reporter"which similarly says the same as Ian (WOTP)

Interesting stat is that Elmore must have a good defence as they have also kept Bodmin out with a clean sheet.

Not that good Mike , they've conceded 20 goals in their four matches before last night .

There is a neutral viewpoint on the SWPL forum under "Featured Matches Roving Reporter"which similarly says the same as Ian (WOTP)

Interesting stat is that Elmore must have a good defence as they have also kept Bodmin out with a clean sheet.

Not that good Mike , they've conceded 20 goals in their four matches before last night .

Yeah, Torpoint put seven past them on Saturday.

I watch quite a lot of Parkway games & they're really misfiring up front at the moment.

I suppose having lost their best forward & best midfielder it's bound to take time to adjust.

It was like the Alamo at times last night but they just couldn't beat the keeper who had an outstanding game.