Cornwall Football Forum

PLYMOUTH PARKWAY V BODMIN TOWN 18th March

I don't believe he does it all !! Its a team game. They are all in it together and are good players. A cup game can easily go either way and this will be a close on I think. Win the midfield and we win the game. Simples !! P.s. Adam carter is gradually becoming more like his old self so maybe tonight is his chance to shine

I agree Levi was kept quiet on saturday so that's my point .As for tonight Andy ,we will be missing your boy and there as got to be a doubt weather Gavin can play and Paul ,We need everyone to up their game and play with confidence,Not easy when the manager is screaming at every mistake

They do miss Ryan but so many players are playing below their best at the same time,We have no plan b ,Recently it looks like we have no plan at all!. Steve Colwell leaving as not helped the midfield,he was a good player for us,both not been replaced properly

Parkway v Bodmin tomorrow Tuesday 18th March at 7.30pm at Bolitho Park.

Quarter Final Throgmorton Cup - winners v Godolphin in Semi at Launceston.

Will 'Pugwash' be there - will the players missing on Saturday be back - there will be food though. :yahoo:

I may be there old matey.

Jusr one small comment from me on this one. It was a good battlin g team performance and everybody worked thier socks off but for me the landricombe brothers and lance bailey were magnificent tonight. Cool, calm and clever. Look out godolphin its gonna be a great day out in the semi !! Unlucky bodmin but you tried hard and kevin miller was as usual... fantastic fun !

Parkway 3 ( Levi 2 , Carter ) Bodmin 1 ( Broomfield ) ( HT 2-1)

Parkway set up a semi final against Godolphin with this win , which also meant that Bodmin did not reach that stage for the first time in the Peninsula League's existence . In a frenetic first half , Bodmin went ahead early on when Seb Broomfield turned in Lee Doel's driven cross . Parkway should have been ahead already by this stage after Adam Carter was first denied brilliantly by Kevin Miller in the opening five minutes , and then Levi Landricombe blazed high and wide when well placed . The equaliser did come when Levi shot right footed past Miller after Lance Bailey's defence splitting ball , Parkway took the lead shortly afterwards when Carter was the first to react after Miller saved Will Stringer's penalty . It could have been more comfortable by half time after two further bits of Miller brilliance , first when he smothered Sam Hillson's effort , and then tipping Carter's thumping drive onto the bar . The second half was a more subdued affair with Levi driving low in to the net to seal the victory . while Bodmin's only real effort on goal was when Jimmy Alexander saw his free kick hit the crossbar .

Parkway are still chasing silverware on three fronts , while this was another setback for possibly the weakest Bodmin side I have seen for years .

Would like to add that at whatever age he is, miller is doing a fine job in the sticks for Bodmin, he must surely be the best keeper that has played in the SWPL. Last night he kept them in the tie until Levi slotted home the 3rd and essentially put the game to bed. A great game for the neutral and a good advert for local football. Well done Parkway, another tough game in the semi's, one which i imagine will get a great turn out and be another great spectacle for local football fans alike!

Would like to add that at whatever age he is, miller is doing a fine job in the sticks for Bodmin, he must surely be the best keeper that has played in the SWPL. Last night he kept them in the tie until Levi slotted home the 3rd and essentially put the game to bed. A great game for the neutral and a good advert for local football. Well done Parkway, another tough game in the semi's, one which i imagine will get a great turn out and be another great spectacle for local football fans alike!

That's a debate to be had Secret Scout .You're probably correct in your statement though , especially as I don't think the standard of goalkeeping in the SWPL has been particularly good .

Steve Nute still gets my vote as the best I have ever seen in local football though ( Western League and South Western League).

The best goalie to come out of cornwall has got to be NIGEL MARTYN who played for bugle and st blazey and played for crystal palace and England .Dave Philp was also a very good keeper and plyed for plymouth Argyle .Off to Bodmin saturday week should be a cracker of a game Bodmin vs Parkway .Be lovely to see The G In the final they must be favourites to beat parkway but Parkway are a fine side and play lovely football but on there day the G can beat anyone as it has been proven this season .They are a bunch of local lads doing Newquay proud .