Cornwall Football Forum

Truro v Helston Tues 25 : Postponed!

The appointed match official has asked me to post the following on his behalf:

"I carried out a pitch inspection at 1pm today and treyew road is and was unplayable due to uncopious amounts of surface water.

Its deemed unplayable and has no chance of being played even if it was being played tomorrow. My decision and my decsion only."

I will never understand the referess decisions on match postponements! They appear to call a game off even if the grass is slightly wet. Soon they will be saying the pitch is too dry to play on. This has ben going on for at least the last 10 years.

Truro have applied for their Reserves to get promoted but are currently a little off the pace for a top three finish.

I'd heard an unsubstantiated rumour that they were deliberately getting their home games against other top three contenders (who have also applied for promotion) postponed so as to rearrange them at the end of the season once the 1st team have finished their games! :o

Sounds a bit far fetched to me but that's both Helston & Callington having to go their now in the last two weeks of the season with the Callington game coming after the close of the Southern League season :(.