Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey v Plymouth Parkway

St Blazey had 6 players out tonight. Goalkeeper, both swain brothers, Isles, Piggy and Zallick gone. What a shift they put in. Good pace to the game. Worked hard and made Parkway look very average. Just frustrating when we cant beat Elmore at home and get thumped at Camelford. The makings off a good side.

Parkway looked dangerous first half but all over the place second half. Never got going. St Blazey pushed them all the way. Only a last minute penalty made it look closer.

Falmouth away on Saturday. Chance for more pointage.

Im not knocking Parkway. Never have. Met some off their supporters tonight. Good bunch. They are building a very good club. One day when the times right I can see them going the same way as Bideford and climbing the leagues.

As for the money I was just firing back at the money comment. But what St Blazey won everything with is less than what some clubs will win nothing with this season.

Tonight though had nothing to do with money. It was two teams giving everything and St Blazey going against form to take a deserved 3 points.

What you dont think about Pastyman is that St Blazey had a decade of success. They developed the ground in that time. Thats still there now. The club has its name on all those trophys. That and the memories will never be taken away. The club now holds it own and we still have a very competitive football team. Even Man United cant keep winning every season. And look at their wage bill. We will be back. One day......

St Blazey had 6 players out tonight. Goalkeeper, both swain brothers, Isles, Piggy and Zallick gone. What a shift they put in. Good pace to the game. Worked hard and made Parkway look very average. Just frustrating when we cant beat Elmore at home and get thumped at Camelford. The makings off a good side.

Parkway looked dangerous first half but all over the place second half. Never got going. St Blazey pushed them all the way. Only a last minute penalty made it look closer.

Falmouth away on Saturday. Chance for more pointage.

Think you are being kind Paul when you say that Parkway looked dangerous in the first half , I think the only real Parkway opportunity was when Paul Baker managed to the underside of the bar from inside the six yard box when faced with an open goal .

It wasn't a great first half from either side to be honest , but Blazey altered their tactics after the restart and came out looking much more businesslike with Tornado Bello and the home number 12 ( didn't catch his name ) threatening Parkway with their pace and movement and Lewis Coombes linking the play a lot better . Dan Evans also countered the threat of Adam Carter. Ben Elphick got into a real mess under the high ball and Chris Daw poked home in the ensuing scramble for the opener , Bello had already given Parkway fair warning of his ability when he hit the inside of the post with Elphick beaten , before he then turned Jamie Bass inside out to curl in the second . Just a shame about his playacting every time there was physical contact . The Blazey number 12 also went close to increasing the lead when he rattled the crossbar with a long range effort . Parkway got more ragged as the game went on , the only clear effort on goal was when Carter produced a reflex save from Maule to keep out his goalbound header . Will Stringer's penalty in stoppage time was never going to spark a revival .

An insipid performance at best from Parkway , with few individual performances worth mentioning . A second consecutive away defeat means that they failed to cash in on Exmouth's dropped points the previous night .

St Blazey team tonight : Maule, Sims, Van Evelingen, West, Evans, Thackery, Bello, Bance, Hayden, Coombes, Daw. Sub: Nelson Eseleghe

I think the whole team deserve a mention this evening. Only 12 of them, but they all played their part. Not sure where the keeper is from, I overheard a St Blazey supporter suggest he was their 7th of the season, but apart from the incident when Baker hit the bar, he coped more than efficiently with everything aimed at goal, that is apart from the penalty of course. However, by then it was too late for Parkway which leaves the league title race looking a lot more interesting than a few games ago!

Weve had the same keeper all season apart from covering a couple injuries hes had. Dave Painter mightbe back for saturday. The keeper tonight played well.

Thackery who went off at half time for St Blazey was taken to hospital. Suspected broken leg.

Tornados a good player. He needs to cut out the play acting. Paddy West even told him to get the f##k up.

Nelson who came on at half time was the highlight of the night with his goal celebration. Double back flip. Very impressive.

Tornados a good player. He needs to cut out the play acting. Paddy West even told him to get the f##k up.

Nelson who came on at half time was the highlight of the night with his goal celebration. Double back flip. Very impressive.

Wait until Lance Bailey finds the net again , I'm sure he's got a triple backflip in his repertoire .... :thumbsup:

I was delighted with the result and the performance last night. Parkway played a high line and Blazey hit them with quick counter attacking transitions, particularly long balls over to Tornado and Nelson on the wings in the second half. Tornado looked sharp, particularly in the second half; when he cuts inside from the left towards goal he always looks dangerous and proved it with a cracking goal from a tight angle. He does need to cut out the play acting though!

I thought Coombes looked much more interested then I've seen him lately, he really put in a performance for us last night, chasing the ball and putting himself about. He was unfortunate not to be rewarded with a goal. I thought Hayden looked good in the first half too. I don't think that Adam Bance gets enough credit, he looks assured in possession and frequently opens attacking play from defensive positions. The entire team pressed Parkway throughout and worked very hard. If they perform like this every week, with players like George Swain and Dave Painter to return, they'll soon start making some progress in the league. Lets hope Bobby can keep the team together and add a little more defensive cover for next season.

I thought Parkway looked all right, quite a powerful looking side and some decent possession, but just didn't have much composure in the final third last night. An off day for them, they looked very strong when we played early on in the season. Fixture backlog to blame perhaps?

Very interesting team formation and selection again last night. No hard tackles. No talking. No composure. No winning mentallity. Plenty of running but are Parkway going to turn the form around ??? And any ideas how ?? Because I know I didn't enjoy any of the game I saw. Another chance to put it right on saturday.. we hope

Thought the keeper played very well considering he only plays sunday league in plymouth, couldnt fault his handling and shot stopping. Painter been out for a while with bad shoulder injury from the camelford game. Matt Hayden was the one who got injured, paramedic and ambulance called.

Listening to my workmates talking about Plymouth Argyle's poor performance the night before, I thought I would be the one smiling today after watching Parkway at Blazey. But no! After a good result Saturday, changes were afoot. A defence that didn't concede was changed and they concede 2 and did not look comfortable all night. A creative midfield player on the bench, not used. A prolific scorer on the bench and all we managed was a last minute penalty. Changes were made and square pegs put in round holes again. In my opinion there are players who have lost form or they are not pulling their weight and are out there game after game. Not a happy drive home. The Country Mile is now looking more like a Half Mile. Big games coming up