Cornwall Football Forum

Friday Night March 28th 2014 Football at 'The Mill - Postponed

Engaging ones brain before making a post sometimes helps........It's the referee that calls the game off, not clubs, he wants the game played as much as the next person, but, If the pitch is waterlogged there is nothing he can do other than to call it off!! At this stage of the season clubs want to play the games as the back log is already staggering,

Engaging ones brain before making a post sometimes helps........It's the referee that calls the game off, not clubs, he wants the game played as much as the next person, but, If the pitch is waterlogged there is nothing he can do other than to call it off!! At this stage of the season clubs want to play the games as the back log is already staggering,

However perhaps half ten is a little early. I think that is what the post was suggesting - just delay the decision a little

A few seasons ago I did an early pitch inspection at parkway and called the game off. The staff at parkway were grateful and said that there was no way the pitch could have been made playable. However, I received the mother of all bo***ckings from Phil Hiscox when I told him. He said the earliest I could do a pitch inspection for a midweek game is 1400. Lesson learned!

However, as the inspection at Torpoint was around 1600, I fail to see what else could be done. Damned if you do and damned if you don't it would seem.

However perhaps half ten is a little early. I think that is what the post was suggesting - just delay the decision a little

I take it you mean the Bodmin game and not the topics game? Parkway would have had to leave at midday anyway, so can't really see how the pitch would be any different 90 mins later!!

I take it you mean the Bodmin game and not the topics game? Parkway would have had to leave at midday anyway, so can't really see how the pitch would be any different 90 mins later!!

Possibly I am being antagonistic here , and I do apologise if I unintentionally offend anybody in positions of authority at both Bodmin and Parkway , but given the fixture pile up situation , and the way the weather turned out yesterday , was the possibility of putting the kick off back to the early evening or even Sunday explored ?

I am only looking on as a naive bystander , but are these things considered ?

If the ref inspects, he Is entitled to his expenses, but as far as I am aware, if they are local they don't bother. However, I am also aware of some, who get blamed for everything, from the pasties being too cold to the showers being too hot, claim everything they are entitled to.

To answer your question Way of the Park, such a decision can only be made by the league and not the referee or the clubs.