Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL Fixtures Saturday 29th March

ECPL Fixtures Saturday 29th March

Premier Division

Callington Town 1 Plymouth Parkway 2
Elburton Villa v Kilkhampton (Postponed)
Launceston v Bere Alston United (Postponed)
Millbrook v Saltash United (Postponed)
Morwenstow 1 St Teath 5
Torpoint Athletic v Wadebridge Town (Postponed)

Division One

Bude Town 0 St Stephens Borough 5
Holsworthy 1 Lanreath 3
Nanpean Rovers 2 Camelford 3
Plymstock United 4 St Blazey 2
Probus 0 Edgcumbe 7
St Austell 2 Roche 1

Bude 0-5 St Stephens Borough

Cameron Dymond

John Styring

Sam Nowell

Tug Walkey

Andy Wright

The Borough travelled to Bude with just 12 players and got battered for the first 45 mins, but the score remained at 0-0 at Half-Time.

The 2nd half continued in the same fashion until The Borough broke away and scored.

This woke The Borough up and they then produced their best half of the season by a long chalk.

Delighted with the effort and discipline and ultimately the final score, well done lads.

Knowing what people think of Parkway , and supposed "ringers" around here , I am surprised that nobody has made any mention of Andrew Neal ( top scorer in the Peninsula League Premier Division with Ivybridge Town ) grabbing the winner in Parkway Reserves away victory over Callington Reserves on Saturday .

Knowing what people think of Parkway , and supposed "ringers" around here , I am surprised that nobody has made any mention of Andrew Neal ( top scorer in the Peninsula League Premier Division with Ivybridge Town ) grabbing the winner in Parkway Reserves away victory over Callington Reserves on Saturday .

I'm more surprised that you've started talking about your second team, sorry my mistake, I mean that other side that occasionally play at your pitch, but only when it's too sunny to be able to call a game off!

You wonder why people dislike Parkway. Comments like that say it all. It's no wonder why last years league champions left for Vospers.

Andrew Neal did play, yes he scored a penalty for what turned out to be the winner. The main reason for this is because Parkway first 'TEAM' have no interest in having any reserves. If it was decided to become a club, maybe the communication between the 2 managers could have helped the reserves fill their missing striker, their game did get called off at Bodmin after all.

Way of the Park's comments sums up the club. The reserves have games called off on Thursdays for a Saturday only for the first team to reschedule a game for the Friday night.

It's worse that Andrew Neal turned down £90 a game for Parkway first team when they made an approach a few weeks back yet will help the 2nds out for free....... Oops.

You make some good points KR, but tell me a Step 6 club with reserves in ECPL, that doesn't have any problems with running a reserve side - they have all had and continue to have problems and relationships between managers - it has never been sorted to anyone's satisfaction. Each club has differences within it, as to the value of a reserve side to the overall benefit of a club. When you come back and say the purpose is to help the 1st team, just think that a few years ago Tiverton were the top club in Devon, won league after league, cup finals including the FA Vase, with no reserve team at all.

Your right again Andrew, unfettered use of the pitch would give you that edge in games played. But, you have to look a little deeper as to why Bolitho was not so unfettered. Discounting the appalling weather we all had, the first team were in four cup competitions, in all but one match, they were drawn at home - this gave 'the ground' thirteen additional unscheduled matches, therefore both teams had league matches postponed and re-arranged. I don't think that Kimberley Stadium was in that position.

Last one for me - If you read your postings, you stated that you have unfettered use of Kimberley Stadium, that was why you only have three games left - as if Parkway had prevented the ECPL team from playing for no real reason.

That was why I pointed out the massive disruption to all teams of the thirteen additional cup games that were played.

Last one for me - If you read your postings, you stated that you have unfettered use of Kimberley Stadium, that was why you only have three games left - as if Parkway had prevented the ECPL team from playing for no real reason.

That was why I pointed out the massive disruption to all teams of the thirteen additional cup games that were played.

Home Waters, Saturday 1st March, the ECPL team were due to play at home against Bere Alston. This was called off on the Thursday as Bolitho Park was unplayable. All of a sudden, the SWPL side had a game moved from Ivybridge to the Friday night. How can a pitch be unplayable on a Saturday but be fine to play on a day earlier?

not a clue -not involved in great detail of the club, except to say I have never known the pitch to be called off on a Thursday - may be it wasn't called out, it was in case Ivy's was out and a back up was required to play the match and the ecpl were informed accordingly - nothing is black and white in local football.