Cornwall Football Forum

Lee Hendrie: Ex-England & Aston Villa man denies Tavistock move By Brent Pilnick BBC Sport

Ex-England and Aston Villa midfielder Lee Hendrie claims someone at a Devon football club has falsified transfer documents purporting to be from him.

Tavistock AFC of the South West Peninsula League say they are investigating after they 'signed' Hendrie on 31 March.

"It's completely ludicrous. I can't understand where this paperwork's come from," Hendrie told BBC Sport.

Doesn't look like it was an intended April Fools Day - taken from the SWPL Forum :

"I have been asked to clarify that this has NOTHING to do with "April fools day" etc etc - It was completed by 31st March as a standard registration - club secretary to league secretary and has resulted in serious allegations being made by the player of falsifying a signature.

The FA at Wembley have already been in touch and are likely to charge parties with a serious breach of FA regulations.

Phil H

_________________"

Seems like a very elaborate April Fools to me, one that's going to get out of hand by the look of it.

Seems a bit odd to pick a random pro's name out of the air and go through an official process to register him for your club without his knowledge. I don't know what information goes on a registration form. Any personal info that would be known only to Mr Hendrie, full address, mobile number etc, why he played for that shower in purple and powder puff blue etc? Just wondering if a conversation has been had and someone has got over zealous.

Anyway if it was a hoax, can whoever it was aim a bit higher next time please, I nominate Geoff Horsfield......