Cornwall Football Forum

Mousehole AFC v St Austell - TONIGHT 7.30pm

Mouse Wise Stadium hosts the first of the Throgmorton SWPL League Cup Semi-Finals tonight, West Division title favourites Mousehole take on Premier side St Austell, kick off is 7.30pm. Parking at the ground is for Match officials, Players & League / Club officials only.

Spectators are asked to use the Public Pay & Display (£1.00 all night) on Mount Wise or Tregunnel Hill. Usual bar and tea hut facilities available, nothing on TV, so get along and cheer the underdogs onto a famous victory.

Guest johnperryman777

like a whole new team to even get close to st austell sorry apart form himself and verchesi.

this is as easy a smei final draw for st austell that you could ever wish to have

I feel this is going to be a close match . I am sure Laffs and the lads will show Mousehole the respect they deserve and not be complacent like some of our supporters ! Good luck to the Lillywhites, hopefully another final to look forward to.

like a whole new team to even get close to st austell sorry apart form himself and verchesi.

this is as easy a smei final draw for st austell that you could ever wish to have

Should take note of the post above, games are won on the pitch not paper....... Chickens and eggs spring to mind.

Although Mousehole are running away with the West Division (which isnt as strong as what it has been) and have beaten Saltash in an erlier cup game i cant help but think Snozzel will be too strong for them, they only have Quinny, Vercesi and the lad up top who seems to be scoring at will and im not sure that is enough to see them through. Should be an entertaining game though!

Although Mousehole are running away with the West Division (which isnt as strong as what it has been) and have beaten Saltash in an erlier cup game i cant help but think Snozzel will be too strong for them, they only have Quinny, Vercesi and the lad up top who seems to be scoring at will and im not sure that is enough to see them through. Should be an entertaining game though!

that's a little bit disrespectful to the other players.

Mousehole 1 - 0 St Austell (Brown)

Love this twitter quote:

@AFCSTAUSTELL defence parted like the Red Sea for Wade Brown to race through and open the scoring for Mousehole

Mousehole 2 St Austell 3

Great fight back after a terrible start. Well done Laffs & the lads.

Well done Mousehole, a credit to the West Division. I was correct, this was always going to be a close game, thankfully we got through it. 4-0 prediction !!!! Was lol !

Attendance was 153, very poor.

These poor attendances seem to be a general trend these days. I can't really understand why. I know times are hard, but it is not expensive to get in and the standard of football on offer is generally pretty good. For the life of me, I can't understand why anyone would prefer to sit indoors watching tenth rate c**p on television instead.

Anyway, well done to St Austell!

You are correct Steve, the standard of local football is quite good and the entry fees are cheap. The maximum is usually £5 for an adult and £2 for concessions. Entrance to the stand is usually free, I think Bodmin have stopped charging for this now.

The attendances at many Step 3 matches are much lower than the SWPL especially in the Ryman League where attendances in the Premier are well below 100 for a number of clubs including some famous ones in London.

You cannot beat going to a live match at any level, much better than watching the rubbish on television. No doubt though last night's semi-final attendance at Newquay was lowered by the fact that the Man Utd v Bayern match was live on TV.

However I do believe the football available locally is good value for money and is also there is a lot of pleasure in supporting and being part of your local club not just being a pretentious supporter of clubs like Man Utd etc.

Sorry Steve, midlandlilywhite,

In your eyes the standard may well be " good " - Some people may tend to label it " average "

Either way, up against the European Champions playing against Englands' most supported team on terrestrial TV - They can count themselves lucky to get that many !

I take your point about a " live event " but let's be realistic St Austell vs Mousehole isn't going to drag them in from far and wide is it ? ( All due respect to the clubs concerned )

that's a little bit disrespectful to the other players.

Not really. Would you suggest that any other players are of the same standard......... and given my comment on the lad up top.......i think he scored 2 last night, so that just about backs up what i said.

Guest johnperryman777

well that was a bit closer than i thought fair play to mousehole they really were a better team than we thought was dissapointed with the attendance and the ref as well but happy we are in another final good achievement

nice hospitality shown by newquay fc and again have to mention what a great ground its looking again certaionly one of the nicest set ups in cornwall

Mark Verchasi sustained a bad facial injury last night which resulted in him being taken to hospital,all his friends at Newquay Afc wish him a speedy recovery

mark suffered a broken cheekbone last night and simon stevens who was also taken to hospital in the same incident suffered concussion,with us leading 2-1 at the time this was probably the turning point but thats football,very proud of our performance last night but fair play to st austall for their comeback,would like to wish lafs and the players all the best for the final