Cornwall Football Forum

Throgmorton Cup semi final

Not bitter and no sour grapes but how the hell was the lad Hart, not sent off for two outrageous tackle within minutes of each other. Other than that a good game of football superbly supported by the G's travelling army. Not the result we all hoped for, but well done to the lads in a good battle against a decent team.

Good luck to St Austell in the final :c:

Parkway 3 ( Levi Landricombe 2 , Adam Carter ) Godolphin 1 ( Phil Lowry ) ( HT 1-0 )

It's about the strikers I guess . Godoplhin put Parkway under pressure for long periods , and probably played the better football , but didn't create many clear cut openings . Parkway , on the hand , have a pair of strikers with over 60 goals between them this season , and scored the goals at the right times . Levi lobbed Shaun Semmens after 3 minutes for a flying start , before The G deservedly got back into it right after half time with Phil Lowry running past the Parkway defence before rounding Ben Elphick to score from a tight angle . Adam Carter broke the Godolphin stride when he scored Parkway's second against the run of play after forcing a mistake by Semmens , Levi then secured the passage into the final by volleying his second , and Parkway's third , late on .

Had the un-pleasure of standing very close to the G's village idiot last night. What a complete dork !!!!!!!!!

Could this have been Captain Pugwash ?

Anyway,tough game and a good one to watch. The G are a good team and went 2-1 down when they were on top of play.

Very impressed with the Lowry brothers.

The third goal saw them off and its onto the final for Parkway.

Well done lads.

A fantastic effort from the lads last night too push Parkway all the way despite conceding an early goal. At 1 - 1 we were well in the ascendancy and i fancied us to get the next goal but it wasn't to be. Parkway are a top quality outfit who appear to have all the right ingredients and are without doubt the best team we have come up against in our first season in the top flight. Good luck to Wayne and his squad in the final.

My last word goes to last nights match officials who did a brilliant job, especially the man in the middle.

Not sure we do. But if there is a contender , he can not match Godolphins chap.I do remember your team actually has one too. Very vocal gent who was standing in our shelter during your recent visit.Sounded a bit like a fog horn.

Ummm..... Pinocchio....

"our shelter"......... There could have been more than one contender in there!! Lol

Good luck for the remaining matches