Cornwall Football Forum

Helston v Mousehole 15/4/14

Scrappy match spoiled by the wind and bobbly surface saw leaders Mousehole come away from Helston with a contentious 3-2 win. A game I'm sure the referee will want to forget - don't really like to criticise the Officials but one mistake I can live with, 2 difficult but 3 really is a bitter pill to swallow when each one could've had such a massive impact on the outcome. A draw probably a fair result. Anyone else care to comment?

I watched as a complete neutral yesterday just to see the standard. There were a lot of decisions that we're wrong however I didn't think helstons penalty claims were. The first one was outside the box when he pushed him but was a free kick, the second on was a cracking tackle even couple of the helston players said it including the one tackled. The third one for me was a pen. Helstons second goal looked clearly offside. The free kick mpushole scored should of been a pen. Helston could of put the game to bed in the first half hour. Hit the post and hit two one on ones straight at the keeper. Good game to watch had a bit of everything think moushole deserved the win on the whole

Paulo, the first one was most definitley outside the box by a good five yards, it was last man, without doubt a red card and a free kick, ref gave nothing. I think everyone in the ground was shocked. The tackle on me in the box was a blinder!! He got a toe on it and it rolled back to the keeper, one of the best tackles iv seen this season! Then the last one, on Tom Russell, ref was in the perfect position, and he bottled it. Lee Mitchell is usually a very good ref, but the way he went about his job last night was awful! He wouldn't even explain his decisions.. Because he couldn't, he had a stinker, and I think he realised that at full time. But then, everyone has bad days! Mousehole know how to win. And with players like quinny and vercesi in the side, they're going to do well. Nice to see a decent number watching too.

It's gone now, it was always a big ask after our dodgy start to the season. But we have a big local derby on Friday. Then our reserve team are in the junior cup final on monday, then we'll just enjoy ourselves for the last 6 games, regroup, and go again next season.

Very level headed answer......It's been a good season with both Callington and Mousehole setting the standard and since November you boys havent done too bad either, but over the course of the season, the league table wont lie. Unlucky, good luck to your reserves and to all of you for next season!