Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay vs Godolphin - Good Friday

Well im really pissed off now i have wrote 3 reports on this match but none ve gone up maybe its because its because it only publishes there favourites. Well the best team won at mt wise the G played some lovely football and Ollie PINNEL heading in the winning goal after Newquays defence failed to clear defences where at fault for all the goals and the Gs replacement goalie was at fault for both of Newquays goals as the Newquay defence was at fault for theres .Mom mach Gibson for Newquay Jamie Lowry for the G real class player . Derek Martin does a fine job for the g and whatever team he puts out seems to do the business for him and for Newquay some good players but defence needs to be sorted out and a taller more commanding goalie is needed .Thanks foe a entertaining match i can now go to my radiotherapy happy at watching such a good game well done to both teams . 1 last point thought the ref was card happy today booking players over silly little things like kicking the ball away .

Newquay had the better of the first half, the visitors had much more of the second period. Sloppy goals all round, ref being assessed and the failure to give the most obvious penalty when Gibson, was forcibly shoved two handed out of play in the penalty area, the ball at his feet. Little wonder MEWTON made a 60yrs dash to the ref to discuss the incident at the final whistle. A draw would have been fair to both sides for the effort shown, but for a supposed poor Peppermints side, two SWPL games and just one goal separates them. Remember, Newquay are still the only side to have won at Champions Elect Exmouth Town in 21 mths. Att today if you believe such figures was declared as 361.

Newquay had the better of the first half, the visitors had much more of the second period. Sloppy goals all round, ref being assessed and the failure to give the most obvious penalty when Gibson, was forcibly shoved two handed out of play in the penalty area, the ball at his feet. Little wonder MEWTON made a 60yrs dash to the ref to discuss the incident at the final whistle. A draw would have been fair to both sides for the effort shown, but for a supposed poor Peppermints side, two SWPL games and just one goal separates them. Remember, Newquay are still the only side to have won at Champions Elect Exmouth Town in 21 mths. Att today if you believe such figures was declared as 361.

Nemesis at a different match to the one I saw. Newquay the better team for 15 minutes then faded. Godolphin the more likely team for the rest of the match, Newquay, well taken second against the run of play. As for the penalty appeal it was from across so was never at Gibsons feet, no hands were were put on the player but there was strength shown, with the G player not giving ground, he could of stood to one side and let Ollie score!!! it was at the Newquay supporter end and not many appeals there!!!!

Must of been well over 300 there today had to q down the road to get in very unusual lovely to see a good crowd up mt wise pity the easter final wasnt played there , they would of had well over 500 with visitors in the town as well ,Couldnt comment at the pen decision was at the other end but the ref was really poor today giving out cards like they had gone out of fashion ,Definitly the best team won and they had 5 1st teamers missing today so that says a lot for team Derek has got there

Trudgian had one save to make in the first half, Prentace was far busier. Most of the game was at the Mayfield End in both halves. And yes, 2 hands on the back of MOM Gibson, shoved out of play, I was level with the goal line, the whole side of the terrace up in arms howling for the obvious pen. Ref and lino both looking sheepish at the end. Draw would have been fair, my opinion and that of those around me. If you saw differently then fair enough, poor game overall.

Sorry, a/ ball was never on the ground so never at Gibson feet and b/ Gibson came from behind the G defender so was impossible to put hands on him, he may have been over strong but that is down to interpretation. (At no time was Gibson in control of the ball and in front of the defender nor the defender facing Gibson)

Didnt look a penalty to me, no hands involved, ball was in the air defender went up, forward didnt. Newquay only had themselves to blame sitting back after going 2-1 up. Good game all in all, both keepers looked a bit weak and its fair to say the G didnt really get out of 2nd gear first half.

I thought the ref did fairly well, can't blame him for giving out cards for kicking the ball away the players know full well that's a booking but did it anyway, although if he booked Fallons for kicking the ball away rather than the handball that led to the free kick then he got the wrong player. Gibson hoofing the ball into a G player at the whistle, albeit unwittingly was lucky to have just a yellow.

Good size crowd, plenty of kids around so disappointing to hear a G player drop the C bomb after skewing a shot and then at the end one of the Newquay management team calling the ref a disgrace, then effing and jeffing at him with a young lad stood right beside him. I honestly don't know why anyone would want to ref.

The G just edged the game on chances ,the ref and assistants were very poor considering it was a local derby but i was within 20ft of the penalty appeal and it was a penalty ,even G supporters near me breathed a sigh of relief

mom Jamie Lowery controlled the G backline and was the difference in the two sides.