Cornwall Football Forum

Parkway 3 v Withy 2

What a nail biting game and cracking value for £4.

Withy started brighter and went one nil up with a superb goal that went into the top corner of the net giving the keeper no chance. A Keystone cop moment saw them increase there lead to 2 nil. Parkway were not in the game up to then. Withy were reduced to 10 men midway through the first half , when a 2 footed tackle erupted into a melee. Parkway took over then and just before half time Dan Lewis pulled a goal back. The second half saw Parkway have a large majority of the play but could not break down what I thought was an excellent defence. Parkway levelled through Ryan Richards and then the game turned into the Alamo. Deep into stoppage time I just said the words "Gaze in having a crap game" , when he popped up and rippled the back of the net with the winner.

What the hell do I know lol.

My man of the match was Dan Hart.

We will take the points and move on to the next game.

Was a nail biting game... For You lot.

As a neutral I was edging for Withy.

Always going to be tough with ten men, Winner fortunate getting the rebound .

Big three pointer coming up on Sat but you've been handed the title with that away fixture at Tavvy.

What a stupid statement!

Like the SWPL knew that Tavy were going to be where they are when the fixtures were done.

Title is decided over 38 games with plenty of ups and downs along the way and the table never lies.

Would have thought though that Exmouth surprise defeat at Godolphin last week handed the initiative back to Parkway.

Would have thought though that Exmouth surprise defeat at Godolphin last week handed the initiative back to Parkway.

Little surprised by this comment. Godolphin have beaten, Parkway, Bodmin and St Austell (first match of the season when they were full of 'stars'). They beat Exmouth in the pre season Cup and although got beaten in Exmouth, a draw was possibly the fairer result.

Well done Parkway. I note that Dan Hart had a good game...my mom on Monday. ( 2 games in 48hrs, perhaps not as lazy as some think!!)