Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay vs Bodmin and Godolphin vs Saltash

2 big games in the town tmmrrw whats gone wrong with Bodmin they beat Plymouth Parkway then loose the next 2 matches but i cant see them losing to Newquay so im going for a 0-4 win to Bodmin and then its out to watch the G play and im going for a 3-1 to the G vs Saltash really looking forward to the games tmmrw

Been at watched both matches a superb display by Newquay against Bodmin looked like it was going to be one of those games when Newquay went down 0-1 to a great goal by Lee Doel and it didnt look like Newquay would get back into the game with Bodmins goalie pulling of great save when 1 on 1 with Newquays Wheldhem and Drummond but Newquay finally beat him from a good goal from Drummond and time running out Jack bray evans scored a tremendous winner from distance that beat even the great goalie Kevin Miller my man of the match the Whole Newquay team but the player that really stood out for me today Tom Barnett in Newquays defence . Off to match 2 Godolphin vs Saltash a very poor match for th g lots of fouls from both sides and the G caught out by set pieces where they should of cleared but failed to and Saltash scored 2 goals off mistakes by Semmens in goal and the g defenders , Saltash never really troubled today there best player in my opinion was no2 Scott Flannigan but my mom goes to Danny Zallick of Saltash he was everywhere today , But well done to th G for a brilliant 1st season in this league

A good game to watch, Newquay deserved the win through their hard work, a little too reliant on the long ball I thought, even the manager was trying to get them to shorten the passes. Bodmin looked the stronger team but didnt really produce to much other than a cracking strike for their goal. Some good clear cut chances for Newquay which Miller was more than equal too.

Bodmin management seemed quite satisfied with the ref and lino in the first half particularly when a penalty appeal for a clear handball in the Bodmin box was turned down as well as a couple of close offside decisions. Second half and the ref felt the ire of the Bodmin manager for no particular reason other than frustration at his own team and they certainly copped it from him at the final whistle.

Good team performance from Newquay with 4 and 10 standing out for me. All in all the right result.

Hello Mike, Messers Cameron & Osborne + my Meds restrict my intake of the hard stuff these days, have been busy editing the photos I take for the Matchday Prog & Newquay Voice.

First half was an even affair, the Lino down by the away dug-out was having his flag pulled by Gilby - even the assessor in the stand mentioned that Drummond had been 'caught' offside 9 times, he must be faster than Usain Bolt. Makes you wonder why the assessor made a note of it ? The handball incident was not visible from the Stand side, so I didn't see it, neither did the Managers. However, everyone on the Terrace side yelled in unison for the Penalty, Weldhen was booked for his instant protest.

The Bodmin goal was against the run of play, Newquay had a good 10 min spell of pressure, so it was disappointing to go behind when we did. All credit to Mewton (never thought I'd ever say that), he marshalled the youngsters at the back in the first half, dishing out advice and confidence boosting comments (pass the Scotch & Valium). He was unable to influence less in the 2nd period, but the fans got behind them and cheered them on. Ollie Gibson tormented the Bodmin back line in the 2nd half, Drummond rolled back the years and Jack Bray-Evans popped up with a 90th min thunderbolt from 30 yards which flew into the bottom corner.

Sam Trudgian in goal had less to do than Miller. Tom Barnett and Leighton Carhart were immense in the centre of defence, Connor Jamison called up from the reserves and 16 year old Callum McOnie made up the back four. Another 2 reserve pulled in to the side were James Avery & Cameron Bidgood who had the best game I've seen him play. They was alongside the reliable Jack Bray-Evans and the superb Ollie Gibson. Drummond and Weldhen lead the line, keeping the defence and Lino busy. Reserve Matt Sanders came on as a sub and was instantly up to speed, the other Reserve Ollie Downing was on the bench and not called on today.

This was no poor Bodmin side, they were made to look ordinary through sheer hard work and determination, it was simply a superb Newquay performance from 1-12, I'm guessing that the lads wanted to put Saturdays result well behind them.

Chuffed !