Cornwall Football Forum

Exmouth Town confident of securing promotion !

From what I have heard, they have a good case and expect to get the promotion. If they do then the leagues below them have their own problems to resolve. The biggest problem is always the time that this process could take. Not sure how many appeal levels there could be but using a civil court won't go down well with the "authorities".

Farcical isnt it! A real farce! How can you have a reprieve when fixtures have already been published!

Perhaps Mr Hiscox was chumping at the bit a little too hard and has been far too hasty to get that fixture list out ? Or does he know something the western league doesn't ?

If he did know Exmouth were appealing then it does indeed make it a complete farce.

I see the newspaper item is dated June 4th so we're already 2 weeks on and no appeal heard as yet.

It's a bit unreasonable to expect the Peninsula League (and the lower leagues like the Combination and ECPL which have to wait for the Peninsula fixtures) to hold fire until the FA machine eventually gets going.

If it's an argument about ground improvement work then it's either yes it was done before 31st March or no it wasn't.

There's mention of a civil court case which I imagine could take months - what do you suggest we do in the meantime?

Could throw a real spanner in the works for that early fixture release.

The Western League are holding fire on their fixture release until the outcome of the hearing ?

Reprieve for Tavvy too ?

Not neccessarily, as the Premier Division could run with 19 clubs, giving the team due to play the Seasiders a weekend off.

Thinking back to postings elsewhere on this matter, if what was mentioned were true

Exmouth could have a very good case and deserve our backing, good luck to them.

I do however question if they will be given a FAIR HEARING, the respective FA's

must NOT close ranks to cover their own backsides - SUPPORT EXMOUTH TOWN.

Reading that article again it would appear that Mr Hiscox completely snubbed a plea from Exmouth not to Release this seasons fixtures until their appeal had been heard.

No one club is bigger than the League.

The AGM was on 3rd June and the fixtures were completed on 6th June.

If Mr Hiscox and / or the SWPL Committee had gone along with Exmouth's request not to release any information on fixtures until after their appeal date then it would have meant over a three week delay, thus disrupting the plans (for pre-season and the league in general) of the other 19 teams in the Premier Division, if not the other 55 teams in total.

I notice that Exmouth have listed their pre-season friendlies on the SWPL Forum (including the Charity Bowl)!

Far easier for the SWPL (and all the other Premier Clubs) to plan and schedule the fixtures including Exmouth and then just remove them, giving teams a spare week, as was previously mentioned, than to try to build them in retrospectively....which the Western League may have to do!!

I'm sure the winners of the Bovey Tracey v Appledore tie in the 1st round of the Walter C Parsons cup won't mind having a bye into the last 16 rahter than face the prospect of Exmouth away in the 2nd Round!!

Town Given Chance To Present Case For Promotion To FA

Exmouth Town will have the opportunity to 'have their voice heard' and present their case for promotion to the Western League before the FA on Saturday, June 28.

Manager Richard Pears confirmed the date of the hearing, saying that he hoped common sense would prevail and end 'a traumatic six weeks'.

Town believed they had won promotion from the South West Peninsula League Premier Division after finishing second last term, but the FA rejected the application – claiming they had not met the March 31 deadline for ground grading criteria.

They will now have their case heard at Wembley two days before they are due to start pre-season training.

"It has been quite a traumatic six weeks or so, but now we have a chance to have our voice heard so we will give it our best shot," said Pears.

It says in an earlier post that the Exmouth appeal will be heard on the 28th of June, but I see that is this Saturday. Surely that can't be right. Unless the FA do work on Saturdays when the season is closed

Perhaps they need a couple of days to unpack and do some washing after their holiday in Brazil.

Farcical isnt it! A real farce! How can you have a reprieve when fixtures have already been published!

Perhaps Mr Hiscox was chumping at the bit a little too hard and has been far too hasty to get that fixture list out ? Or does he know something the western league doesn't ?

If he did know Exmouth were appealing then it does indeed make it a complete farce.

Perhaps Mr Hiscox knew more than you.

I would suggest an apology is in order.