Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin Atlantic v Truro City

just back from watching the G play really good game even though Truro ran out convucing winners in the end fitness told in the 2nd half . The G lost there goalie Sean Semmens after 10 mins Newquay lad on trial with Truro scored 1st 2 goals from Newquay boy on trial with Truro then 1 from Cody Cooke and then No14 scored a impessive lob and goal no 5 a pen i thought Phil LOWRY played very well 1st half but then it was all Truro after the break when Barry Hayles came on . The game was delayed when Truros shorts had not arrived for ko then they had to borrow some from th G but couple of mins into the game there shorts finally arrived , then the ball went into someones garden and the game was held up until another ball was found .Overall a good work out for the G but in they end fitness and class Man of the match for me ISAAC VASSEL for Truro and Phil LOWRY for th G

Would have to agree it was an entertaining game with both sides giving it there all. Not to sure about the ref though, made some very strange decisions and not helped by a lino who continually had his flag stuck in the air for offside. Hope Godolphin made a few quid on the night and I wish them well for the coming season. Did try to track you down 100%cornish but could see no one by the dugouts with a camera. No sign of the Newquay Voice either, perhaps he had an early night dreaming of the peppermints winning the peninsula league.

A decent game and you could tell the gulf in class between a top Peninsula team and a Southern league side as some of the Godolphin players were ran ragged in the first half. Ref waived away the most blatant penalty early on for Truro. Vassell, Cooke and Jamie Lowry looked class for Truro. I thought the guy that played on the wing / up front for the G in the second half also looked a class act. Barry Hayles didn't do much and Kelvin Fyneboy looked completely lost and out of his depth playing for Truro in the second half despite scoring that lob which looked like a mishit cross.

Hi Rayvon sorry didnt see you there was no dug outs to stand by i was by the G subs standing near a lady taking photos she said her son was 1 of the Truro Subs . I thought the Truro goalie was good shouting orders to his defenders thought the young Truro no 2 who looked 12 was lost playing last night good job there was no wind he would of got blown over think he was called Buckley .I will be at Truro for the Yeovil match and when they play at Bodmin i thought they had Levi Landricombe from Bodmin on trial but he wasnt there last night. I think Truro could end up a top 6 team this year with quality players like Jamie Lowry , Aaran Pugh , Barry Hayles and the goalie Searle looks really good

If the gulf in class is that much you can almost understand not having a second team. If the club cant afford it then really they need every penny to stay in the southern league. Can Truro really keep that kind of quality together though?

Very suprised the game wasn't closer. Many of the truro players are not that special tbh.. and if vassell was a stand out player then truro will struggle in my opinion. Incidently Landricombe is a Parkway player not bodmin or Truro.

Well if that's your opinion of some of the players on show last night,it's my opinion that you wouldn't know class if it kicked you in the nuts.

Still reckon Truro will get relegated this season.

I would say that is wishful thinking.

If I knew who you were I would have a bet on that with you.

Let's leave it to that,and I will remind you of your reckoning at the end of the season.

I'll have £20 on that one with you gripper or are you like leeds united all mouth and no action. Can I remind you both of a famous Mark Twain quotation "Its better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

I'll have £20 on that one with you gripper or are you like leeds united all mouth and no action. Can I remind you both of a famous Mark Twain quotation "Its better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

When opening your purse take care those moths are not a protected species.

Can't see how disbanding the Ressies saves a hell of a lot of money, the cost for the whole SWPL West season would be about the same as a long distance 1st team away match (inc wages). Don't buy the saving the pitch story either, most Step 2-6 clubs have reserves who play on the main pitch, Treyew Rd will be a building site soon anyway, so why the fuss ?

Nice to hear about the small band of fans behind the goal singing their support for the chairman 'we've only got one team' that's classy, shows a hell of a lot of respect for the lads who have turned out for the Ressies over the years. I smell bridges being burnt amongst the bull$hit being spread. Take a worse case scenario and it goes tits up at City for whatever reason, does annoying the hell out of the SWPL bosses do you any favours ?, especially if City have to come back begging one day - life in the SWPL is far better & cheaper than Western One.

A little humility from City would have gone a long way, apologies all round to the players, SWPL, sponsors, supporters and staff would have helped calm the waters. Still, City have gotten used to sticking two fingers up to the rest of football in this part of the world, the money, be it yours or other peoples will not last forever, the clubs glory days fanbase peaked at 600 and been sliding back ever since.

What's done is done, I'm sure that the City fans don't care a jot about 99% of Cornish Football, but that is what this forum is all about. Boasting or gloating on here about another property deal or whatever, you leave yourselves open to ridicule, abuse and advice, be it good or bad. If you want a love in, stay on your own locked members only forum, otherwise take the flak and wear a hard hat.

Nemesis, Pitchero control the websites of most clubs and for some reason entry to every club is locked, I don't know why but you have to apply to ALL clubs for membership, then the club administrator sorts it out, it is a pain in the rear end. No one is refused access when going through the procedures as painful as they are.

Today I attempted to access Bideford's website and it was blocked, I only wanted to read why they were not in the league cup, they appear to be the only club to pull out despite having to pay the entry fee so as for access we all suffer what you experienced, Truro City NOT to blame.

You mentioned the little band of supporters behind the goal, from that remark I take it you were there, if that was the case why didn't you accept our invite for you to make yourself known to the man you continue to verbally abuse, I'm not surprised you took the cowards way out.

Please see below Mountaineer, I only heard about it from a group of Newquay fans who did attend. The Nqy Voice sent someone else to cover the match, not sure why, not as if I would have been biased in favour of one or the other.

On a positive note, Newquay won today !

Nice to hear about the small band of fans behind the goal singing their support for the chairman 'we've only got one team' that's classy, shows a hell of a lot of respect for the lads who have turned out for the Ressies over the years.

Nemesis, Pitchero control the websites of most clubs and for some reason entry to every club is locked, I don't know why but you have to apply to ALL clubs for membership, then the club administrator sorts it out, it is a pain in the rear end. No one is refused access when going through the procedures as painful as they are.

Today I attempted to access Bideford's website and it was blocked, I only wanted to read why they were not in the league cup, they appear to be the only club to pull out despite having to pay the entry fee so as for access we all suffer what you experienced, Truro City NOT to blame.

You mentioned the little band of supporters behind the goal, from that remark I take it you were there, if that was the case why didn't you accept our invite for you to make yourself known to the man you continue to verbally abuse, I'm not surprised you took the cowards way out.

Ivor,you have got to be joking.Like many who post on forums,they are big men with their insults when hiding behind a computer screen tapping away on a keyboard.But when it comes to facing someone in person with the lies and rubbish they continually spout on forums,that is another matter.

I was offering a view why Truro might not need a second team for money reasons. Whats gloomy about that? Its Truro that have decided to do this. But if Truro don't get relegated very soon id be surprised. The club have nothing in place to even support a good Swpl side. The ground is only average. Take away any temp stands and theres little left. The clubhouse offers very little. Itll be a shame to see Truro back because it could be the last time a club takes the plunge for promotion.

Ivor,you have got to be joking.Like many who post on forums,they are big men with their insults when hiding behind a computer screen tapping away on a keyboard.But when it comes to facing someone in person with the lies and rubbish they continually spout on forums,that is another matter.

Why on earth would I want to pay good money to be in the same place as someone, who others deem I need to speak with ?. If I need a taxi to a nightclub in Truro, I may have a reason, until then, like Heaney, everyone knows where I will be when Newquay play.

Apologies to our nearest neighbours for your thread being hijacked, I'm told that certain players in blue performed very well indeed (where are those 7 days notices ?)

--

Bideford, Mangotsfield & Merthyr all declined to enter the League Cup, but had to pay a forfeit fee for not doing so.

See http://www.northdevonjournal.co.uk/Bideford-withdraw-Southern-League-Red-Insure-Cup/story-21457603-detail/story.html for a little of the Bideford perspective

Rayvon, all mouth, me!? I heard that kevin heaney is still pulling the strings & that both mr. masters & mr.perryman are just his puppets acting on his instructions. Interesting. Time will tell?

What the hell have you been drinking man to talk such rubbish like that.I reckon Jethro would be proud of a joke like that one.

The last rumour that I heard that was being spread was that he was involved with St Austell,but that seems to have gone quiet just recently.

Have you got any more of those funny stories ?