Cornwall Football Forum

AFC ST AUSTELL V EXMOUTH TOWN - SAT 9TH AUGUST 3.00PM KO - CSWPL PREMIER DIVISION

Good luck to the boys (the Lillywhites) today v Exmouth, hopefully avenge the two defeats from last season.

I hope to be able to travel down soon to give you my support and meet you all again. All the best for the season also which hopefully will be another successful one, still thinking of last Easter Monday !

Updates please.

Had the bro in law down from Scotland for the weekend so as he always takes me to Celtic and Partick Thistle I thought I would return the favour and take him to Poltair Park!!! Was slightly regretting it after the first 25 minutes with the lack of action after I gave the saints a big build up pre match!! It took 25 minutes for the game to spring to life with Exmouth striker Ace High (honest) dragging a shot wide from 12 yards. I don't know him personally but I've heard he's a right card!! :-). Lively striker Liam Eddy had two good chances in three minutes, scuffing a shot and blasting over but you just knew he would get on the score sheet later! Half time ended 0-0 and im not sure if Lafs, Parrie and Penners got the hairdryer out but the saints were a different side in the second half and played some superb stuff. Two subs Mike Body and young Jordan Gibson definately changed the shape of the game and as well as producing a pair of excellent performances they both deservedly got on the score sheet after Liam predictably opened the scoring after the keeper parried into his path after great work from Bods. Chappy had one real save to make at 2-0 when he was off his line in a flash to block a strong shot after a decent through ball got in behind the otherwise rock solid back line. Jordans older brother Ollie scored the killer third to wrap the game up after my man of the match Bods snap shot was spilled by the keeper as well. Could have been more in the end with Wattsys flashing a few free kicks on target with his magic left peg. On this performance I think the Lilley whites are in for a cracking season and i must say the ground and playing surface looked the best I've seen for many a year. Apologise for any mistakes I'm doing this on my phone with big thumbs!!! Good luck to the saints for the season

Had the bro in law down from Scotland for the weekend so as he always takes me to Celtic and Partick Thistle I thought I would return the favour and take him to Poltair Park!!! Was slightly regretting it after the first 25 minutes with the lack of action after I gave the saints a big build up pre match!! It took 25 minutes for the game to spring to life with Exmouth striker Ace High (honest) dragging a shot wide from 12 yards. I don't know him personally but I've heard he's a right card!! :-). Lively striker Liam Eddy had two good chances in three minutes, scuffing a shot and blasting over but you just knew he would get on the score sheet later! Half time ended 0-0 and im not sure if Lafs, Parrie and Penners got the hairdryer out but the saints were a different side in the second half and played some superb stuff. Two subs Mike Body and young Jordan Gibson definately changed the shape of the game and as well as producing a pair of excellent performances they both deservedly got on the score sheet after Liam predictably opened the scoring after the keeper parried into his path after great work from Bods. Chappy had one real save to make at 2-0 when he was off his line in a flash to block a strong shot after a decent through ball got in behind the otherwise rock solid back line. Jordans older brother Ollie scored the killer third to wrap the game up after my man of the match Bods snap shot was spilled by the keeper as well. Could have been more in the end with Wattsys flashing a few free kicks on target with his magic left peg. On this performance I think the Lilley whites are in for a cracking season and i must say the ground and playing surface looked the best I've seen for many a year. Apologise for any mistakes I'm doing this on my phone with big thumbs!!! Good luck to the saints for the season

Thanks for the report Rappo. Sky Sports next for you ! Hope you liked my President's column in the match programme, probably not upto your standard !

Yeah saw that Nick, it was an interesting read mate! In fact the whole programme was very good. Nice photo as well!! Think you would have been proud of your team today, bit of a slow burner first half but it was a superb second half display. If I pop over the road Tuesday night I'll slip another quick report on for you Nick!?! :-)