Cornwall Football Forum

HELSTON V MOUSEHOLE

Good job the goal came from an header as neither side would have scored with their feet ,final third was pathetic,players more concerned with blasting the ball goalwards . helston quality? Don,t think so game could have gone either way with a bit of composure. But good result for helston they did look the more likely winners

Just heard Quinn blames the ref for them loosing. I've heard it all now. This is local football not premiership! Man up and move on

I watched the game as a neutral and I must admit that he has a point in blaming the referee as they were denied what I, and many of the crowd believed to be a stone wall penalty.

Illogan's 2 wins were against 2 poorish sides. See how they fare Saturday for a better idea of where they are and where they are likely to be. They fear no-one, though. Got to see how they handle being behind with ten minutes left! Looking forward to catching some of their games, though, as I no longer have a reserve team at Truro to do the PA for!

Illogan's next 3 fixtures are all away, vospers, mousehole and helston, they've had a great start and it's a long season but like 'tom trust' said, these games could show were abouts they could be this season, so many strong teams in the league this year, going to be tight and interesting. ?⚽️?????

I for one was at the game and thought both teams cancelled each other out, I don't think they played poor, but sometimes when teams meet who consider themselves as title challengers this is the result!

As for the ref, yes he did miss a couple of very good penalty appeals, x1 was an absolute banker!! This would of changed the game and result but you will always get this at this standard I'm afraid.

Illogan's next 3 fixtures are all away, vospers, mousehole and helston, they've had a great start and it's a long season but like 'tom trust' said, these games could show were abouts they could be this season, so many strong teams in the league this year, going to be tight and interesting. ⚽️

No need for the quote marks, L.Ricks9. That is my real name!