Cornwall Football Forum

Central defender wanted

Storm FC first team, based in Redruth, are looking for a central defender to add to their squad in Trelawny 2. Preferably in the tall, composed, experienced, Vincent Kompany-esque mould although happy to take someone slightly shorter! We would also like to add a few players to provide some depth to the squad. Contact me on here or my mobile is 07534 218069.

Can I ask you a straight forward question, how many players have you recruited directly from posting on here? And I mean off the back of appealing for players in certain positions etc how many have PM'd / text you saying they've seen your advert and would like to be involved?

Pointers I get your point on this but also end/pre season is the time to ask. I think we all agree that local football is mostly a mates thing nowadays but no harm in asking. In the real world if a player is interested the chances are the manager will already no him. But you never no.

Not sure what your issue here is Pointers? All i'm doing is seeing whether there are players outside the circle of people that I know that may be interested. It has worked for me before and its doing no harm. I'm just a manager trying to add to the squad that I have.