Cornwall Football Forum

Launceston v Ivybridge

Launceston 4 - Ivybridge 6

As a Clarets supporter, it hurts me to say it, but, overall on the night the best team won.

From the off, Ivybridge were quicker on the ball and pushed Launceston back into their own penalty area time and again. Two nil down at half time left us fearing the worse for the second half. But, whatever Lee Cooper said at the break, Clarets came out a different team, scored two goals and from then on it was a battle royal.

End to end and at 4 - 3 we were pinching ourselves. However, Ivy's strikers harassed constantly and for me their number eleven was the biggest danger to the Clarets defenders. The 5th and 6th goals for Ivybridge came as Launceston's defence fell apart and Dan Stevenson in the Clarets goal was left alone to try and stop the tide.

An entertaining game to watch, especially if you were a neutral. Well played Ivybridge, at season's end you will be somewhere near the top for sure on this showing.

Good to see an honest written report......

Launceston 4 - Ivybridge 6

As a Clarets supporter, it hurts me to say it, but, overall on the night the best team won.

From the off, Ivybridge were quicker on the ball and pushed Launceston back into their own penalty area time and again. Two nil down at half time left us fearing the worse for the second half. But, whatever Lee Cooper said at the break, Clarets came out a different team, scored two goals and from then on it was a battle royal.

End to end and at 4 - 3 we were pinching ourselves. However, Ivy's strikers harassed constantly and for me their number eleven was the biggest danger to the Clarets defenders. The 5th and 6th goals for Ivybridge came as Launceston's defence fell apart and Dan Stevenson in the Clarets goal was left alone to try and stop the tide.

An entertaining game to watch, especially if you were a neutral. Well played Ivybridge, at season's end you will be somewhere near the top for sure on this showing.

Good to see an honest written report......

Thank you sir - I always try to say it as it was, even when it hurts a bit. :)

Both your local teams lost then Keith :)