Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay AFC vs St Dennis - Fri 5th Dec 7.30pm

Newquay didn't seem to have to much for us in the Brian biggins game at the start of the season. However, both side have a few new faces since that game so I'm sure it will be a decent game for a neutral.

We usually thrive against teams in the league above so hopefully we can make it a close encounter.

A bus is coming from afc for the players and supporters so regardless of the score will have a few beers and a decent night.

I'm struggling to establish who might be the Commercial Manager at Newquay. I just wanted to make sure it'll be ok to take along some CORNISH SOCCER Mags for sale in case anyone is interested?

A gentleman by the name of Nick Jackson is the Commercial Manager. Please email - nickyjackson999@talktalk.net and copy the club sec in - pra.family@btinternet.com

Hoping for a big crowd, weather looking dry from lunchtime onwards, pitch looks superb, a good close local cup tie, you can always record the Monkey Hangers v Blyth Spartans match.

I'm struggling to establish who might be the Commercial Manager at Newquay. I just wanted to make sure it'll be ok to take along some CORNISH SOCCER Mags for sale in case anyone is interested?

Will have one Saturday if you're at Poltair Dave - I'm sure Coops won't mind you selling a few in the club or by the tea hut.

Will have one Saturday if you're at Poltair Dave - I'm sure Coops won't mind you selling a few in the club or by the tea hut.

No he's already confirmed with me that it will be ok for me to have some with me on Saturday.

Well done to St Dennis they played with passion throughout something that was sadly lacking in Newquays play,

when will the Newquay management realise you cant play Arsenal style football at the back when you don,t have

the players to do it,they are caught time and time again playing short balls at the back ,all the top SWPL teams have a route one clearance game ,something that needs to be installed

in Newquays game.

Alan Carey had the defence clearing their lines during his short stay and this method worked better.

A long fight for SWPL survival I fear.

well done Saints another impressive result in what has so far been a hugely impressive season. The club is thriving on and off the field as a result of a lot of hard work and togetherness. A special mention though for the manager, Brian Banfield who has quietly gone about his job but turned all that talent into a team to admire. Well done Banfy. keep it going mate.

Real shame to see newquay struggling so much, I still join being up at the club's and chatting with the supporters that I got to know during my short time there. A club with alot of history and hardworking volunteers, hope Ross and the team turn a corner soon and start putting some serious points on the board.

Well done to St Dennis, what a great season they are having, good luck in the next round and for the rest of the season.

I agree billy bear. Newquay lost at home to Illogan and St Dennis this year. Falmouth lost to St Dennis at home. Sticker beaten Camelford. With more ties today we will see the outcome. The standard of the top 6 in the SWPL is better than SWP1W but the rest are no better than the top 6

Would like to add my congrats to the Saints, my thanks to the two gents who brought badges over for me (you know who you are), great to see a decent away support at Mount Wise Stadium in a crowd of 195.

To be honest, it was an awful game, both sides looked scared of each other in the first period, either that or the players were struggling to adapt to the first properly cold night game, just as well it wasn't that windy. A couple of 50/50 challenges that left the slower player a little hurt, but there was no malice from either side. Ref could have sent a couple off when the handbags came out, but did well to calm things down.

A goal each in the first period, to keep the fans interested & a few yellows dished out in the second half, but again there was no malice, just slower players catching quicker ones on the ankles. Neither side looked like they would score and extra-time / Pens looked a distinct possibility until Ricks finally took a chance. That woke the game up, both sides hit the bar in the last 5mins or so, but there were many, myself included, that hoped for an early end to a cold night, really didn't fancy another half hour or so.

Well done again to St Dennis, played to their strengths, caught Newquay cold and overall deserved the win.