Cornwall Football Forum

AFC ST AUSTELL v HAYLE - SAT 10th JANUARY 2.00pm KO - CORNWALL SENIOR CUP 3RD ROUND

Assume Lafs will rest one or two ahead of next weeks Vase game and start some of the players who haven't had much game time recently? Sure Hayle will be very much up for it having had a great result at Torpoint in the last round. Can't make the game but hoping for consecutive win #22.

Most Cornwall Senior Cup ties kick off at 2pm

They kick off at 2pm as a number of clubs do not have floodlights, so to allow for extra time. Hayle were offered a 3pm kick off but decided against it.

Hayle were not offered a 3 pm kickoff as we would have took it.

doesnt matter now everythings arranged. hope its on with the weather

My work allows a continued interest in local football. That is why I am very concerned that the number of games being postponed because the grass is wet appears to be getting more week by week. Surely it is now time for the criteria for calling games off is revised. This never was present in the 60s and 70s and even into the 80s. I still maintain that referees are far too keen in making decisions to call off just because they perhaps do not like getting their feet wet. As asked in the previous posting what are the players opinion on this - or doesn't that matter?

Well done Hayle to a man you have done the club proud even when we were 5_0 down you kept going Scot in goal was outstanding, 1-0 at ht but St,Austell class told in end a good crowd a lot more than we are used to at home .A young Hayle team some who were earlier this season playing junior football , no disgrace to lose to a team of this standard,, hope you all had a few beers you earned it , well played lads against a team two divisions above yourselves ,and good luck to ST.Austell in the next round .

Big Al - here's a suggestion and invite for you - firstly, before I write my suggestion, from reading your posts one gets the impression you're not too chuffed about modern day football and officialdom.

Football is a game of opinions, some good, some bad and some absolutely not workable, but whatever, we've all got them and that's what makes its a game we all love and the likes of this forum helps too.

Here's my invite to you and I offer this as I'm interested in how you see the game so differently from others - therefore I would like to invite you to a SWPL game of your choice, all paid for by CORNISH SOCCER, also to be invited would be a couple more of the regular contributors to this site - for example Keith B, and hopefully in addition a representative of the CCFA and the SWPL so that we can share and debate our thoughts on today's modern game. We could chat and find out how different it is nowadays, but also how individually we see the game today.

What do you reckon Big Al - all courtesy of CORNISH SOCCER.

Big Al - here's a suggestion and invite for you - firstly, before I write my suggestion, from reading your posts one gets the impression you're not too chuffed about modern day football and officialdom.

Football is a game of opinions, some good, some bad and some absolutely not workable, but whatever, we've all got them and that's what makes its a game we all love and the likes of this forum helps too.

Here's my invite to you and I offer this as I'm interested in how you see the game so differently from others - therefore I would like to invite you to a SWPL game of your choice, all paid for by CORNISH SOCCER, also to be invited would be a couple more of the regular contributors to this site - for example Keith B, and hopefully in addition a representative of the CCFA and the SWPL so that we can share and debate our thoughts on today's modern game. We could chat and find out how different it is nowadays, but also how individually we see the game today.

What do you reckon Big Al - all courtesy of CORNISH SOCCER.

Sounds like a good idea. How about inviting a referee as well for a 'neutral' view?