Cornwall Football Forum

Phil Bayliss new manager of Saltash United

Looking forward to the game against Callington Town today, it being the first game with our new manager Phil Bayliss in charge. Previous manager Martin Burgess assembled a good squad of players and hopefully Phil will do well at Saltash.

Wish the team the best of luck today.

I was at the game saturday and also thought Sam had a sound game, maybe appeals and shouts too much and has a lot to say, but i would prefer that than a quiet keeper.  He was visibly disappointed when The Ashes scored their goal, he obviously has high standards as it was another classy, clinical finish from Sammy Hughes that most keepers wouldn't get near to.  The defeat would've hurt him, what with him being a local lad and having turned down the ashes (i forgive you) before xmas, i imagine that game would be one he really wanted to win! But he looked a good solid keeper throughout the game. It is good to see Tom back, but you have to ask whether it's only a matter of time before he goes AWOL again and leaves us in the lurch!  Does Phil Bayliss know of the goalkeepeing troubles? Will he have his own players to bring in? Will he make another approach for Sam, time will tell.