Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin vs Witheridge

Off to watch the G tmmrw should be a good game i expect the G will rest a few players due to there cup semi final at Bodmin on Tuesday night . I think the G will win tmmrw 3-1 . Well the forcast is good for tmmrw unlike last saturday when it was pouring down and i decided to do a Swan Dive in the mud at Godolphin Way so looking forward to the match tmmrw but bit dissapointed i will miss the semi final on tues vs Callington but hopefully will be at Liskeard for the final against St Austell .

Just back from watching another impressive display from a fine Godolphin team The 1st half the G dominated with 2 fine goals from prolific scorer Phil Lowry and a 2nd from the impressive Luke Rigby . In the 2nd half the G took there foot off the pedal saving themselves for tuesday cup game at Bodmin . In the 1st half i would of given the man of the match to Jamie Lowry he seemed to pick up a injury  and was substituted so my man of the match goes to Tim Peacock who i thought was outstanding the whole team was really . Witheridge had severel long range shots but nothing really troubled Sean Semmens in the G goal . I wish them luck on tuesday at Bodmin i will be cheering them on from my hospital bed . Well done to both teams for a very entertaining match even my dog Smokie was watching and enjoying it

Good win for the G today - slightly scrappy second half with some poor fouls from Witheridge and one or two unusual refereeing decisions. Nonetheless, 3 more points and no goals conceded.
Hopefully the Bodmin pitch will be in tip-top condition for Tuesday's semi-final v Callington - both sides deserve that - but I'm not holding my breath on that one. It gives a whole new meaning to "Grassroots Football" when the state of the pitch is little better than a farmers field.