Alphington                        3  v 1             Budleigh Salterton

Appledore                         5 v 0             Plymstock Utd

Axminster Town              1 v 3             Tavistock

Exwick Villa                       1  v  1            Totnes & Dartington

Liverton Utd                     2  v  1            Crediton Utd

Newton Abbot Spurs   1  v        3      St Martins

Sidmouth Town               2  v 2             Galmpton Utd

University of Exeter      4  v   1         Brixham

Just back from watching The G loose 0-1 to Saltash a draw would of been a fair result but Saltash are a fine football team with so many talented players especially Danny Lewis who is class and never loses the ball and Toby Clark the Saltash skipper leads by example a fine player but th G had fine players the pick of them for me and my mom Jamie Lowry a real powerhouse of a player and Sean Semmens who stopped everything Saltash could throw at the G in the 1st half which they dominated with the strong wind . The Goal came right at the end of the match after Sean had made a brilliant save but the ball dropped kindly to 1 of Saltashes many players with a beard who knocked it back into the goal No7 i think scored . At least the g can now concentrate on the finals and the little local derby on Good Friday against near neigbours Newquay .

Just back from watching The G loose 0-1 to Saltash a draw would of been a fair result but Saltash are a fine football team with so many talented players especially Danny Lewis who is class and never loses the ball and Toby Clark the Saltash skipper leads by example a fine player but th G had fine players the pick of them for me and my mom Jamie Lowry a real powerhouse of a player and Sean Semmens who stopped everything Saltash could throw at the G in the 1st half which they dominated with the strong wind . The Goal came right at the end of the match after Sean had made a brilliant save but the ball dropped kindly to 1 of Saltashes many players with a beard who knocked it back into the goal No7 i think scored . At least the g can now concentrate on the finals and the little local derby on Good Friday against near neigbours Newquay .

Not a classic by any means with few shots on target and not a great deal of goalmouth action. Saltash looked a tidy side and their defence nullified the threat of Phil Lowry, the service to whom wasn't up to usual standard.

Jamie Lowry prominent in most of G's best moments first half but less effective operating wide in the second. Withdrawal of Kyle Brown (injured?) reduced the effectiveness of the G midfield and throughout, they rarely got behind the Saltash defence. The away forwards did this effectively in the first half particularly and didn't allow the home full backs to push forward at all.

Rigby got more involved late in the game with some good challenges and shots at goal, but Dilley less creative than usual.

Most of Saltash's best moves involved bearded no 10 (Maddy/Maddison?) who had an excellent match and it was he who scored the late winner tidily after a shot was blocked by Semmens. Just about deserved win for the Ashes and G need to improve ( which they will, I'm sure) for Easter Monday final.

Sticker 0 Penzance 0

Oh dear, very very disappointing display in their last home game of the season, yes Sticker had several unavailable but take nothing away from Penzance, if a neutral turned up you wouldn't know which team was at either end of the league, Penzance fought hard and strung a few passes together, forget the windy conditions, same for both teams. Well done to the man in the middle, was never more than 15 yards from any decision. 

Well done to Vospers, since beating Sticker  3-1, they have strung a good run together and are showing stealth like similarities to Callington who quietly went about their business to overtake Mousehole and claim promotion.

Sticker lads, three games to go, all away against top opposition, heads up lets go out with a bang, what more incentive do you need, St.Dennis, Helston and Penryn. 

Best of luck

Sticker 0 Penzance 0

Oh dear, very very disappointing display in their last home game of the season, yes Sticker had several unavailable but take nothing away from Penzance, if a neutral turned up you wouldn't know which team was at either end of the league, Penzance fought hard and strung a few passes together, forget the windy conditions, same for both teams. Well done to the man in the middle, was never more than 15 yards from any decision. 

Well done to Vospers, since beating Sticker  3-1, they have strung a good run together and are showing stealth like similarities to Callington who quietly went about their business to overtake Mousehole and claim promotion.

Sticker lads, three games to go, all away against top opposition, heads up lets go out with a bang, what more incentive do you need, St.Dennis, Helston and Penryn. 

Best of luck

​But Vospers haven't applied for promotion Ade! But what a fine run they are having, scored the winner in the 94th minute!  Who were the missing Sticker players?

Credit to Bovey, put up a very spirited display & have improved dramatically the last few games. End of the day Bodmin just got over the line for the 3 points. As for Blazey not ready to win titles,, well your expenditure should warrant more success & alot higher league placing than you will accomplish Paul?

Just for LeedsUnited. Newquay were shocking (Blazey not much better), worst game of the season, cracking 2nd goal from Blazey. 2 red cards, one for foul language to refs dad (Strouts), can't argue but was on far side of pitch so didn't hear it. The other for a sliding challenge, ball won but momentum took Cooper through the Blazey lad, straight red, though ref might have taken conditions into account and given a yellow, player was uninjured. Made no real difference, were 0-3 down before the Red cards.

At least we doubled the gate for Blazey !

St Dennis 2-0 Dobwalls 

Saints Goals:

Dan Jennings & Lee Rickard

First half St Dennis dominated possession. New signing Dan Jennings opening the scoring after 25 mins, a pin point cross from captain David Rickard Jnr, found Dan bravely heading home past the visiting keeper. The second goal came from Lee Ricks with and absolute clinker of a strike...the ball bounced to him kindly and from 18 yards out and he volleyed and powerful shot with his left foot straight into the top corner. The 2nd half was nothing like the first for St Dennis as we took our foot off the peddle and let Dobwalls come more into the game. Few chances were missed by saints but held firm at the back to claim a much needed 3 points as both Sticker and Helston dropped points in the title race. 

All the best to Dobwalls for the remainder of their season. 

Mom: Ian Stone (St Dennis) 

Edited by Santini11

Went down to watch the G take on saltash yesterday! There wasnt many goals but a good competitive game! The G goal keeper semmens was outstanding in the first half keeping the G in the game! Very impressed with saltashes number 10 up top danny lewis!! Never lost the ball and gave the G defence the run around!! Saltashes captain toby clark in great form probably the best centre back that ive seen around always puts in a great perfomance and it isnt easy against phil lowry as he causes every defence a headache! Jamie lowry in the first half was a different class! Every g move went through him! Not quite sure what happened in the second half as he was playin as a wing back!!and didnt see much ball!!which seemed crazy!?? The G definately werent at full strength whether the cup final or injuries was key in why they werent at there best!! But hoping for a full strength G on easter monday!!

Godolphin Vs Saltash United.

May i say that our display against Godolphin, was the best performance we have put in, since i came on board. Our performance had just about everything & i was pleased we came away with the victory as a draw would have been cruel on us ! 

I hope we can put in the same performances for our remaining home games. 

Just a bit of fine tuning for the Ashes

This was nearly a full strength G team only players i could see that where missing where Scott Flannigan and Tom Smith the rest was the full strength team your write up Copey is practically word to word of what i wrote so we both must agree on the same players i thougth Danny Lewis was no8. The G got Newquay good friday  should be a good game and Newquay will want to put on a good show would like to see them come good again but my opinion is they have 1 quality player in Jack Bray Evans . Hope the game is good on friday then onto the easter Monday final . Im only going to watch the main match the G vs St Austell i was wandering if i have still got to pay full price for the 1 match

Edited by 100%cornish

This was nearly a full strength G team only players i could see that where missing where Scott Flannigan and Tom Smith the rest was the full strength team your write up Copey is practically word to word of what i wrote so we both must agree on the same players i thougth Danny Lewis was no8. The G got Newquay good friday  should be a good game and Newquay will want to put on a good show would like to see them come good again but my opinion is they have 1 quality player in Jack Bray Evans . Hope the game is good on friday then onto the easter Monday final . Im only going to watch the main match the G vs St Austell i was wandering if i have still got to pay full price for the 1 match

As a follower of both Newquay and the G, I am constantly annoyed by your opinion that Newquay only have one quality player. Jack has the a lot of ability but he has not been Newquays best player and needs to learn when to pass the ball, Jamie is the Gs outstanding player ( in a team of many) but he does pass the ball !!!! In my opinion Sam Cooper has been excellent for Newquay and they do have a number of other good players.

You will probably have to pay for the full duration (two games)-with the Godolphin final later 4-30 ish I would get in touch with Liskeard or the CCFA for special parking -considering your illness.

​The CFA will not offer any dispensation but all their members get FREE admission!

Newquay seem to have a lot of young players( probably one of the youngest squads in the league) and that possibly reflects their league position, if whatever manager comes in and decides not to keep the young players at least they've gained valuable experience at a good level in cornish football, but hopefully newquay carry on helping to progress the youngsters and add some acquisitions.

Godolphin Vs Saltash United.

May i say that our display against Godolphin, was the best performance we have put in, since i came on board. Our performance had just about everything & i was pleased we came away with the victory as a draw would have been cruel on us ! 

I hope we can put in the same performances for our remaining home games. 

Just a bit of fine tuning for the Ashes

Baylo I do agree that saltash deserved the win on the day!! Like i said earlyer the captain an danny lewis (pressume he plays up top number 10) and the left back with quality on dead ball delivery and his long range passing i could see why saltash are up at the top!!Also 100% cornish when i said the G werent at full strength i meant they had fallens, rigby on the bench no smith an no flanighan and im sure come easter monday we will see a different looking G line up!and probably a different defence combination!! on easter monday the senior cup isnt the only game on!??Good luck to saltash for the rest of the season! And to the G for monday hoping for a cracking cup final!

GODOLPHIN v SALTASH UNITED

Game was played in blustery conditions, which made it difficult for both teams.

I thought the game was played in a great spirit and the Referee made some good decisions.

The game could have easily ended goaless, but fortunately, "the ashes" grabbed a late winner.

Wish all the best to the "G" in the Cornwall Senior Cup Final next week.

He quashed rumours last week of a move to another Prem side in the close season,  but it will depend on the new manager. Both will need to work together,  Jack would be one of the club's senior players,  supporters will hope he does stay. As with any club,  players will come and go in summer,  we have a good core,  good youngsters,  just need a few experienced heads to lead them. 

Weldhen has quit due to injuries,  Drummond may not fancy another season,  have to wait and see. 

Job done this year,  stayed up and that was the only target. Fans stayed loyal,  still one of the best supported in SWPL,  home and away. 

I'm pretty sure what St Blazey pay reflects where we are. If we had the sort of money available that others are paying I'd expect us to be challenging for the title. If we're not in a postion to challenge then why put the club at risk. The club's kept it's nose above water in a difficult period for pubs and bars. So that's a good thing. 

Yesterday's match was a stroll in the park. For a side that's lost a few players like the brothers who returned to Sweden and Tornado banned and another left for Bideford, we still knock the ball round well. We just lack the cutting edge to really smash a team to pieces. Except Parkway this season. Newquay had their following of 15 or so. Good to see. But their very quiet these days. Well except for one who clearly upset the Newquay manager at full time. He came over to have a right go. Made himself look a right nut case. More passion there than the previous 90 minutes.

Agree jack looks a very good young player but Jamie lowery has been head and shoulders the best player I've seen this season,immediate control quick feet and choise of pass,obviously as a former professional we would expect this but so good to watch at this level

I watch the G regulary and Jamie Lowry is real class but the team has a lot of class players and my fav is Aaran Dilley he is a fine player but hes 1 of many in the team . Its a shame that Luke whelden has had to quit due to injury hes been a real good player for Newquay but i will stick with what i have seen at mt wise when i have watched them and Jack Bray evans always looks the best player for the peppermints but im hoping Newquay can rebuild and next season be up there challenging in the league they are too good a club to be where they are in the league they have a lovely ground good people there shouldnt be in the position they are in Good Luck to the rest of the season to them

I just like to reply to wellpassedit the matches i have seen at mt wise Bray Evans has been the best player on the pitch the last match i saw he was playing in defence Im born and bred in NEWQUAY i have watched Newquay all my life my grandad was treasurer when they where Newquay Rovers my dad used to do the raffle up there .But now i watch the G more for the simple reason they play lovely football and i feel welcome there by the fantastic people at the club . Looking forward to the good friday match i will be there with my Scabby old dog Smokie i will be taking photos as usual for my collection . Hope its a good clean fight no thats ment to be match and both sets of supporters will get behind the G for the Easter monday final and also the Walter Parsons final vs Plymouth Parkway

Haha. I knew you'd reply!! ?

Don't wish away this season just yet. We've still got to visit Mount Wise. Clear the car parks for a Blazey invasion. 

Would be nice to see St Blazey play Newquay in the opening couple months when there's plenty to play for. These fixtures are not as exciting as they should be with little to play for. We still need a few points to qualify for the F.A cup but we look strong enough to do that now. 

100%cornish, Iam not questioning your loyalty to football in Newquay I am saying that having watched 80% of Newquays matches this season that although Jack has the potential to be an outstanding local footballer until he learns to give the easy pass and not over complicate the play...(like Jamie and Aaron do)..for me he is not Newquays best player.

Morning wellpassedit i have only seen 5 matches at mt wise this season and of those Jack Bray Evans was the best player except when he played in defence against Parkway i think and he had a stinker but you must know more about him than i do seeing you watch Newquay play every week . I was talking to a Newquay supporter last week and this person said hes the worst trainer at the club . Really looking forward to the good friday match should be a cracker and hope it stays dry

Edited by 100%cornish

I just like to reply to wellpassedit the matches i have seen at mt wise Bray Evans has been the best player on the pitch the last match i saw he was playing in defence Im born and bred in NEWQUAY i have watched Newquay all my life my grandad was treasurer when they where Newquay Rovers my dad used to do the raffle up there .But now i watch the G more for the simple reason they play lovely football and i feel welcome there by the fantastic people at the club . Looking forward to the good friday match i will be there with my Scabby old dog Smokie i will be taking photos as usual for my collection . Hope its a good clean fight no thats ment to be match and both sets of supporters will get behind the G for the Easter monday final and also the Walter Parsons final vs Plymouth Parkway

I wasn't born in Newquay so perhaps I'm not qualified to comment on their players?

However they have been particularly naive tactically this season and played far too openly - hence falling behind often and having to chase games. I wouldn't wish to say whose responsibility this is as I don't know who is coaching and making those decisions.

As has been said Jack Bray-Evans is a talented player but would probably admit himself that he hasn't delivered as much as he would hope this season. It's probably unfair to compare him with Jamie Lowry but the latter is (perhaps unsurprisingly?) outstanding at this level and always appears to create time and space for himself to make a telling pass. 

Some suggest that the town of Newquay might benefit from having just one senior team but I disagreee. As Russell Mael didn't quite say, " this town IS big enough for the both of us......"