Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL & FA Vase - Saturday, March 28th 2015

How fantastic Newquay has 2 clubs at this level, only matched by plymouth with a population x10. Got to be down to the excellent training at junior level so the town needing 2 teams to accommodate the talent being produced. Let's hope that it continues and all the players are encouraged to the maximum of there potential. Of course each week as fans we pick out who we think were the star performers and maybe pick holes in poor performances but as a whole we should be encouraging the local lads.

What a stupid idea to merge the 2 teams that would mean half of of the players would not get a game its brilliant the town has 2 teams it makes good healthy competition and it also give the supporter a chance to watch both teams . I hope the 2 teams never merge because the atmosphere at the G is just fantastic its just such a friendly club and i look forward to watching them in the rain and the cold most weeks .

Newquay Atlantic FC ???  The only time I could ever see a mixed team, would be in a charity match. Other than that, there would be more chance of me winning the Euromillions 4 weeks running.

Happy to have the neighbours down the road playing SWPL, it is good for the town and both clubs, although we will be out to ensure they don't have a 'Good' Friday.