Cornwall Football Forum

CORNWALL SENIOR CUP FINAL

Getting really excited about tmmrws match between the G and ST AUSTELL think the match will be a cracker and i can see it going to extra time with St Austell winning 3-1 . Well the G have beaten St Austell twice this season but on both occasions there top striker Liam eddy has not played and he is electric fast and a prolific scorer . Hope St Austell fans behave themselves because at last years final with Bodmin they said some disgusting things to Bodmin goalie Kevin Miller . COME ON THE G YOU CAN WIN THIS 1

Can anyone tell me the kick off times for the two games please

Last year the Junior Cup Final had a 2.00 pm kick off but I believe it may be earlier at 1.30 pm tomorrow. Senior Cup Final same as last year at 4.30 pm. Gares open 12.30 pm. Hope to see you and Genny again tomorrow Gaz. I'm leaving home at about 8.30 am, should be in good tome for Junior Cup Final. 

Getting really excited about tmmrws match between the G and ST AUSTELL think the match will be a cracker and i can see it going to extra time with St Austell winning 3-1 . Well the G have beaten St Austell twice this season but on both occasions there top striker Liam eddy has not played and he is electric fast and a prolific scorer . Hope St Austell fans behave themselves because at last years final with Bodmin they said some disgusting things to Bodmin goalie Kevin Miller . COME ON THE G YOU CAN WIN THIS 1

Hope your prediction is correct for a change ! Hope to meet you tomorrow. 

Can anyone tell me the kick off times for the two games please

Last year the Junior Cup Final had a 2.00 pm kick off but I believe it may be earlier at 1.30 pm tomorrow. Senior Cup Final same as last year at 4.30 pm. Gares open 12.30 pm. Hope to see you and Genny again tomorrow Gaz. I'm leaving home at about 8.30 am, should be in good tome for Junior Cup Final. 

Just checked on CCFA website Junior Cup Final kick off is 1.30 pm confirmed. 

​Very sadly, some of the St Austell fans do not know how to behave themselves. The drink goes in and the brain goes out. They demonstrated this in 2009 in the game against Saltash and again last year against Bodmin Town.

I witnessed many breaches of the FA rules at both matches. It is all very well alcohol being sold at the game, but there are those who are not mature enough to drink it.

No extra time! Straight to penalties!

​Very sadly, some of the St Austell fans do not know how to behave themselves. The drink goes in and the brain goes out. They demonstrated this in 2009 in the game against Saltash and again last year against Bodmin Town.

I witnessed many breaches of the FA rules at both matches. It is all very well alcohol being sold at the game, but there are those who are not mature enough to drink it.

​No outside bar . Strict security watch on exit from the bar upstairs in the club house. Same security firm as at Poltair for the Vase Semi. And there will be several of them.

Teams:

AFC St Austell: Chapman, Lean, Giles, Whetter, Watts, Slateford, Reski, Hart, Pople, Sims, Eddy.  subs - Mulready, Body, Brokenshire, Dingle, Evans.

Godolphin:       Semmens, Fallens, Shephard, Quinn, Pinnell, Brown, Carne, Rigby, P Lowry, J Lowry, Peacock.  subs - Prentice, Bidgood, Flannigan, Martin, Paxton.

HT: 1 - 0 St Austell (Slateford 44 mins)

Edited by margo

just back from watching the 2 finals and both very good games hard luck on the G but ST AUSTELL where differnt class and if it wasnt for Sean in the G goal they would of been out of site in the 1st half think the lost the match in the middle of the pitch and badly missed Aaran Dilley but well done G you done the town proud your time will come again onto the Parkway final . Hard to pick a man of the match St Austell are a fine team with class players everywhere but mom goes to Martin Giles awesome display . It was nice meeting Midland white and i would loved to of had a pint with him but since i have had my bladder op lets just say liquids come out as fast as they go in lol . Well done to both teams and what a game the junior cup final was and the pens shoot out was very exciting

It's disappointing and frustrating if any G fan or fans misbehaved and that police were required to deal with them. Perhaps this was inevitable given the ridiculous kick-off time but not acceptable in any event.

The match wasn't a classic but St Austell fully deserved the glory. Their defence was outstanding throughout, allowing G only one clear chance. Good goals too from Sims, who scored the decisive second after good work from Slateford and the latter with a strong shot to put St Austell in front. Eddy worked hard all afternoon causing problems for the G defence and well-deserving of the third goal. 

Several Godolphin players were below par on the day but Semmens made some excellent stops in the first half and Pinnell too played well. Jamie Lowry couldn't influence the game as much as he would hope but was denied an equaliser by Chapman, who wasn't tested otherwise

Well done to the victors and let's hope that Godolphin play as well as the can in their next final later in the season!

It's disappointing and frustrating if any G fan or fans misbehaved and that police were required to deal with them. Perhaps this was inevitable given the ridiculous kick-off time but not acceptable in any event.

The match wasn't a classic but St Austell fully deserved the glory. Their defence was outstanding throughout, allowing G only one clear chance. Good goals too from Sims, who scored the decisive second after good work from Slateford and the latter with a strong shot to put St Austell in front. Eddy worked hard all afternoon causing problems for the G defence and well-deserving of the third goal. 

Several Godolphin players were below par on the day but Semmens made some excellent stops in the first half and Pinnell too played well. Jamie Lowry couldn't influence the game as much as he would hope but was denied an equaliser by Chapman, who wasn't tested otherwise

Well done to the victors and let's hope that Godolphin play as well as the can in their next final later in the season!

​Jamie Lowry wasn't able to play because he was well marshalled by Christian Pople who was my man of match!! Shaun Semmens also had a good game the best G player by a country mile.

Well done to all the boys at St Austell need to push on in the league now!!

A very enjoyable day at sun drenched Lux Park.  I had a pleasant four hour journey down from the Midlands and was very pleased to meet Margaret and Tania from Godolphin and a number of their supporters including 100% Cornish. Very pleased to see him in the "flesh".  Godolphin are a superb club and have come a long way in 10 years and  I wish them well in the Lesgue Cup Final v Parkway. 

I thought that we were on top for most of the game and it was due to a number of superb saves from Shaun Semmens that it wasn't unitil the 45th minute we took the lead through a great finish by Slates. Jared Sims scored a vital goal early in the second half which put us in control. When Godolphin did threaten our back four was a solid brick wall, Chappers in goal didn't have much to do. I thought Christian Pople was superb in midfield, threading a superb through ball for Liam Eddy to finish in fine style and seal the victory.  Slates deservedly won the man of match award. 

Congratulations to Liskeard AFC on the first class organisation of the day - excellent hosts. 

Don't wish to re open a thread where comments have been removed (where people have to guess what has been said) but I saw a person being removed from the crowd (all amicably).but this was by stewards and not the police.Admin has left 'half a story' (non football pitch related maybe) however please don't leave people guessing as to what might or not may have been said.Great day out in the sunshine  good games,Well done to the host club and CCFA for a good day out.

​No outside bar . Strict security watch on exit from the bar upstairs in the club house. Same security firm as at Poltair for the Vase Semi. And there will be several of them.

​Good to see you today Mr Bray,48 years on,Church Rd and mutual friend TB.

Not sure who to believe as on twitter midlandlilywhite it stated the crowd at Liskeard as 654! Maybe the combined crowd for both games was 900? Oh not to worry about Leeds, alot of teams have been beat at Molineux. Good luck when you move up to the Western league, nothing to stop you now!

Not sure who to believe as on twitter midlandlilywhite it stated the crowd at Liskeard as 654! Maybe the combined crowd for both games was 900? Oh not to worry about Leeds, alot of teams have been beat at Molineux. Good luck when you move up to the Western league, nothing to stop you now!

You may well be correct as there were about 250 watching the Junior Cup Final,so 900-1000 may well be a combined figure for both matches and would seem the right number which attended. A good result for Wolves as Leeds fought back well. I am now thinking Wolves have a serious chance of making the play offs. 

A very enjoyable day at sun drenched Lux Park.  I had a pleasant four hour journey down from the Midlands and was very pleased to meet Margaret and Tania from Godolphin and a number of their supporters including 100% Cornish. Very pleased to see him in the "flesh".  Godolphin are a superb club and have come a long way in 10 years and  I wish them well in the Lesgue Cup Final v Parkway. 

I thought that we were on top for most of the game and it was due to a number of superb saves from Shaun Semmens that it wasn't unitil the 45th minute we took the lead through a great finish by Slates. Jared Sims scored a vital goal early in the second half which put us in control. When Godolphin did threaten our back four was a solid brick wall, Chappers in goal didn't have much to do. I thought Christian Pople was superb in midfield, threading a superb through ball for Liam Eddy to finish in fine style and seal the victory.  Slates deservedly won the man of match award. 

Congratulations to Liskeard AFC on the first class organisation of the day - excellent hosts. 

​Thank you Midland, it was great to meet you and put a face to the name.  I thought it was a superb day. lots of happy people in the sunshine and 2 very entertaining games.  I would like to thank the committee and helpers for all of their hard work over the last few weeks in particular but for all the support over the season and long may it continue.  I would also like to thank the ball boys for their hard work in collecting litter as well as footballs.

A great day for the club, well done to all.

MQx

Don't wish to re open a thread where comments have been removed (where people have to guess what has been said) but I saw a person being removed from the crowd (all amicably).but this was by stewards and not the police.Admin has left 'half a story' (non football pitch related maybe) however please don't leave people guessing as to what might or not may have been said.Great day out in the sunshine  good games,Well done to the host club and CCFA for a good day out.

​I'd rather not remove posts, but sometimes the comments are either just "guesses" anyway, or possibly inflammatory, and so as has been requested by a lot of readers, it's considered best not to encourage them. 

Really enjoyed the 2 matches yesterday and it was lovely to meet Midland White when Tania introduced him to me would liked to of had a longer chat with him but hopefully next time also i was standing near to Rappo and he was talking about how many finals he played in i even commented to ha good player he was he was a good striker . St Austell where really good but if Tom Smith Scott Flannigan Aaran Dilley would the score of been any different no course it bloody wouldnt St Austell would beat most teams the way they play they are that good and will also be worthy league Champions but the G will come good again but what a achievement they should get team of the season but that will go to St Austell because they have won trophies . Next stop for the G Torpoint Walter parsons cup final against Plymouth Parkway and my fav striker Levi Landricombe who is the complete striker Going to go on supporters bus next time but a friend who wasi was going with let me down and there was no room on the bus when i rang up so i had to go in my car which was losing oil and when i got home last night i had no oil at all left but i wasnt going to miss that game even though the result could of been different but always next year

Really enjoyed the 2 matches yesterday and it was lovely to meet Midland White when Tania introduced him to me would liked to of had a longer chat with him but hopefully next time also i was standing near to Rappo and he was talking about how many finals he played in i even commented to ha good player he was he was a good striker . St Austell where really good but if Tom Smith Scott Flannigan Aaran Dilley would the score of been any different no course it bloody wouldnt St Austell would beat most teams the way they play they are that good and will also be worthy league Champions but the G will come good again but what a achievement they should get team of the season but that will go to St Austell because they have won trophies . Next stop for the G Torpoint Walter parsons cup final against Plymouth Parkway and my fav striker Levi Landricombe who is the complete striker Going to go on supporters bus next time but a friend who wasi was going with let me down and there was no room on the bus when i rang up so i had to go in my car which was losing oil and when i got home last night i had no oil at all left but i wasnt going to miss that game even though the result could of been different but always next year

Thanks for that