Cornwall Football Forum

Torpoint FC.

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on Torpoints new manager Dan Coles! He comes in from taking Vospers to the west division runners up spot. Will he keep the squad, add players etc. Interesting choice I think. 

Anything outside the top 12 is awful for them, no FA cup either I imagine. If they put half as much energy into their first team as they do their second team they'd be a good outfit. They've got it in them as a club, I saw that watching them do the double over Parkway, if they focus more on the firsts they could be up there in a few seasons. Good luck to the new management team 

Cant see them taking any of their current squad over to Torpoint purely as they lack quality to play at that level.

Great achievement to finish 2nd in the West league but its not a demanding league anymore, alot of teams seem to have 1-2 tidy players and the rest made up of very average players.

Think holding on to current players will be an issue to. Young lads like Robertson, Pacey & West are already being tapped by stronger Premier sides.

Heard Topoint didnt want to appoint anyone from within the club, decision that could come back to haunt them.

Cant see them taking any of their current squad over to Torpoint purely as they lack quality to play at that level.

Great achievement to finish 2nd in the West league but its not a demanding league anymore, alot of teams seem to have 1-2 tidy players and the rest made up of very average players.

Think holding on to current players will be an issue to. Young lads like Robertson, Pacey & West are already being tapped by stronger Premier sides.

Heard Topoint didnt want to appoint anyone from within the club, decision that could come back to haunt them.

​I think that's a tad harsh on the players they have at Vospers and a slight on the West Divison in general.

I'm sure the like of Lewis Young who scored 36 goals for Vospers this season could quite easily cut it in the Premier Division having played there previously for Plymouth Parkway in the not too distant past.

I'm sure the new managers will look to improve on this seasons record of 13 wins 7 draws and 16 defeats and then push on from there.

As things look in the Premier Division, the top five are way ahead of the rest and Exmouth will look to improve on this season to make a top six finish next time around. There will be around six teams knocking around the bottom of the table (as per this season, with the exception of Bovey who were cut adrift from the word go this season) and then there are the middle 8 teams who are all much of a muchness and all equally capable of putting together good runs and taking points off the top sides.

If Torpoint were to aim to head that middle group of 8 teams and finish around 7th next season that would be a good return for the new managers and give them scope to push on from there.  

Why is it when a new management team is appointed to a club that people start to question and want answers, will they? won't they? As stated it is not just Dan Coles as a Manager. He has done fantastic no question but with Tattersall as a joint manager alongside him they are thought to be considered a great team with some great players at Vospers having gone from mid table through the season and January onwards second place.  but anyone is within their right to see if they can pursue things differently. Vospers did not apply for promotion and do not currently have the facilities to do so, therefore these guys thought they would try to gain experience higher and Peter Whitworth thought to appoint them on their interview.

Its hard to think ahead what they would bring to the club, with current Vospers players being asked to consider what they would like to do and whether or not the management team consider who they would like to give the chance to step up and that is unfair on the management team as well. It is clear the desire and committment they show to themselves as a unit, a family, a team and It is down to what vospers plans are for the next many years be it wherever they want to take the club but also what Dan and Ian want to set up at Torpoint in the many seasons they will be there.

Plus, there is still a new pre season to plan with the next season ahead, so let's give VOV and Torpoint the chance to see what comes by the start of next season, to then make a judgement.

Edited by Mr Cornwall

I forgot this was La Liga and not level 7 in the football pyramid. 

The current Torpoint squad is mainly a young side. They have a  couple experienced players in Dave Smith and Mike Arscott, both know this standard inside out. I agree that Robertson, Pacey and West are talented youngsters and will attract attention. All three are Torpoint lads so that could be an advantage to the club in keeping hold of them. 

Having watched Vospers most of the season that team would hold there own in the same league as Torpoint. I have witnessed the best football iv ever seen at this level of football and i will say that if Vopsers played Torpoint this season then i think there could well of been a shock scoreline. They had a blend of youth and older players. The squad is the best bunch of players you could ever meet. I wish Torpoint well for next season and im sure you the fans will see some of the best football Torpoint would of seen with the new managers. You will become a hard team to beat. Just hope Vospers Oak Villa sort things out soon too.

Couldnt see Vospers taking 6 points of Parkway like Torpoint did this year. No shock scoreline on any cards if the two played eachother. With that being said, always admire ambition and if the management and players feel the step is ready and and they want to give it go, them fair play to them and good luck.

Like i could not see Vospers beating Helston twice the champions. Of the current Vospers squad i would say at least four would walk in to the Torpoint team. Im not sure how Torpoint will do next season but one thing i do know is that they will not lose 16 games like this season not a chance. You have a good managment team now i just hope they dont take many players with them some of these Vospers players have played together for many years.

Cant think of 1 player that would openly walk ino the Torpoint side from Vospers. Maybe 1 or 2 players could stake a claim but certainly not walk into the side. Beating Helston twice last year was a great acheivement and not many teams have done that in years but Helston are very much a one man side, please dont put beating them twice in the same bracket as Torpoint beating Parkway twice.

Why is it when a new management team is appointed to a club that people start to question and want answers, will they? won't they? As stated it is not just Dan Coles as a Manager. He has done fantastic no question but with Tattersall as a joint manager alongside him they are thought to be considered a great team with some great players at Vospers having gone from mid table through the season and January onwards second place.  but anyone is within their right to see if they can pursue things differently. Vospers did not apply for promotion and do not currently have the facilities to do so, therefore these guys thought they would try to gain experience higher and Peter Whitworth thought to appoint them on their interview.

Its hard to think ahead what they would bring to the club, with current Vospers players being asked to consider what they would like to do and whether or not the management team consider who they would like to give the chance to step up and that is unfair on the management team as well. It is clear the desire and committment they show to themselves as a unit, a family, a team and It is down to what vospers plans are for the next many years be it wherever they want to take the club but also what Dan and Ian want to set up at Torpoint in the many seasons they will be there.

Plus, there is still a new pre season to plan with the next season ahead, so let's give VOV and Torpoint the chance to see what comes by the start of next season, to then make a judgement.

​Isn't it Paul Whitworth? 

Torpoint lost 16 matches last season ! Beating Parkway twice is good i agree. But Vospers lost only 5 matches all season. The football that team played would of held there own in the premier league if there ground was good enough. Its a shame my view is maybe Vospers should of moved away from the Weston Mill. Ask any team in the west division what Vospers played like at times like watching Brazil springs to mind. The only other team that played fooball like Vospers were Penryn who finished third. Lets hope most of the squad stay together. I do wish Torpoint a great season and i will for sure know they will not lose 16 matches next season your in for a good season with football played to the highest standard.

Cant think of 1 player that would openly walk ino the Torpoint side from Vospers. Maybe 1 or 2 players could stake a claim but certainly not walk into the side. Beating Helston twice last year was a great acheivement and not many teams have done that in years but Helston are very much a one man side, please dont put beating them twice in the same bracket as Torpoint beating Parkway twice.

A one man team can't win a league teflon. 

I saw Vospers twice this season and "like watching Brazil" is not a term I would use. Unless Brazil moan to the referee a lot then it would be apt.

Teflon, I ask the question of how many times you have watched Helston this season. They scored another 52 goals in the league without Mark's, to me, this is a great achievement in itself. Not forgetting the third best defence in the league as well. Would you also say that St. Austell are a one man team with Liam scoring 48 goals in all competitions this season?

Anyway back to the point....... Dan Coles, lovely man, talks a good game as well so would imagine he knows his stuff.

Good luck to him

Ye Dan Cole is a great manager and knows is stuff. I would say Torpoint will be top 8 next season. No team is a one man team all teams need a goalscorer like Mark at Helston and Lewis at Vospers. Well iv watched every match this season at Vospers and i would say the football is the best iv witnessed at that level. The team been together for a long time and i feel for all the players after what as happened but this happens in football.

Teflon, I ask the question of how many times you have watched Helston this season. They scored another 52 goals in the league without Mark's, to me, this is a great achievement in itself. Not forgetting the third best defence in the league as well. Would you also say that St. Austell are a one man team with Liam scoring 48 goals in all competitions this season?

Anyway back to the point....... Dan Coles, lovely man, talks a good game as well so would imagine he knows his stuff.

Good luck to him

Can you name 5 of the vospers players without using any sort of social media?

I can.

GK

DEFENCE

CM

WINGERS

STRIKERS

that's a position you need 5 players in those positions as well as 6 other players to make an 11 side playing team.

the squad however works together to bond in a good season. Vospers did that from mid table to 2nd.

Thanks for that

Teflon,  could see how Torpoint done the double over parkway this season,  but could you explain how you lost to godolphin?  What I witnessed today was nothing  like the football iv seen at a lower level all season. 

Edited by spark

Vospers might have played 'Brazil like football' last season, buts its in the West League. Just because they/their players can do it in that league, it doesnt mean to say they can transfer it straight to the Premier league. Like i said many a time, West to the Prem is a massive step in class and you cant compare the two. On another note, Blues10 is right, a one man team cant win a league, but 50 odd goals goes a long way to helping them doing it, when was the last time a player scored 50 goals + and his team didnt win the league??? lets see how Vospers (Torpoint) & Helston do next year but if they both gain top half finishes, then that would be classed as a major success.

Vospers might have played 'Brazil like football' last season, buts its in the West League. Just because they/their players can do it in that league, it doesnt mean to say they can transfer it straight to the Premier league. Like i said many a time, West to the Prem is a massive step in class and you cant compare the two. On another note, Blues10 is right, a one man team cant win a league, but 50 odd goals goes a long way to helping them doing it, when was the last time a player scored 50 goals + and his team didnt win the league??? lets see how Vospers (Torpoint) & Helston do next year but if they both gain top half finishes, then that would be classed as a major success.

Its happened this yr rocky levi and carter have all scoeed around 50 goals and not won anything

Correct lloydy, I had 51 in the league two seasons ago.. We ended up finishing 2nd behind Godolphin, bloody gutted I was and we had a certain Liam eddy that season too and he had 38 in the league!! Guess it wasn't meant to be our year that time around! 

If you did score 51 goals the season you finished 2nd to Godolphin Blues10 then fair enough, my comment was wrong (although it wasnt a statement but a question), but it doesnt happen very often and you might be one of the few exceptions. Hope your goal scoring record continues in the Prem and look forward to seeing you come up against some top experienced defenders. Good luck to you and Helston for the coming season. The above figures were taken of club and league websites and are only league goals.

​Do you know exactly the plans, squads, structure that the new Torpoint Management will want in place. Again its the questions and answers, will they won't they.

Torpoint did the double over Parkway last season, who says they cannot do that again. Coles and Tattersall will face Helston Athletic again, a team of which suffered the double over the managers, regardless if it was Vospers or another Club. Even the players of Vospers should be given thought about if any of them were to go to Torpoint. What if they were to do the double again next season, not only against PP but also Helston. It may be next season you eat your words.

I for one will admit I will eat mine if this wasn't the case for 2015-16

Edited by Mr Cornwall