Cornwall Football Forum

Walter Parsons Charity cup final Godolphin vs Plymouth Parkway

Not long now before i go to Argyle tonight to watch them play Wycombe looking forward to that but looking forward towatching the G play Parkway even more should both be crackers .I will predict the scores as follows Argyle to beat Wycombe 2-0 and im sorry G I am going to say 3-1 to Parkway they have 2 awesome strikers in Levi Landricombe and Rocky Neal i would man mark Levi with Tim Peacock give this bloke half a chance and the ball is in the net .hoping it will be a good game and the G fans get behind there team .

2 completely different types of players. Both very good in my opinion. Hopefully we'll see a good game with Parkway players looking to impress the new managers who will no doubt be in attendace. A team used to winning big games against another good footballing side. I just worry about the players behavior a little so lets hope for a sensible strong and honest referee. Bring it on !!

Just read in the sunday independant Parkway have 4 players missing and i see 1 of them is Gavin COULTON who i think is a great player .I wander If PARKWAY will play Shane K rak who also plays for Truro and last Monday had a good game vs St Neots .So hoping the G can come away with the cup and dont let the occasion get to them like they did against St Austell in the Senior Cup Final.

Well done The G! A fantastic win and a fitting end to the season. Am so proud of you all, sorry for not being there but am celebrating in the Spanish sunshine! I'm sure that back at HQ the G Bar will sail on into the early hours - wish I was there to buy the team a round of drinks, guess that will have to wait until next season ....  

Well done The G! A fantastic win and a fitting end to the season. Am so proud of you all, sorry for not being there but am celebrating in the Spanish sunshine! I'm sure that back at HQ the G Bar will sail on into the early hours - wish I was there to buy the team a round of drinks, guess that will have to wait until next season ....  

Had to feel a bit for parkway today. It was a little like watching walking wounded ftom the start. Players struggling with injuries and some unavailable.  All 3 subs were injured and two of them couldn't even be used. The correct result really but the G didn't have to play particularly well to win today if I'm honest. Good luck to the management team for the future and any players not there next year. Brave effort guys

Congratulations to the G, on picking up the trophy today, after missing out on the senior cup(where i thought they were out of sorts and could of given St Austell a better game) a well deserved victory in a cup final. The Godolphin arms will be lively tonight!!

Just back from watching the G totaly outplay a Parkway side the whole team played brilliant but it was special for the Lowry lads Phil and Jamie to both score goals today and play like they did after what they have been through lately with the passing of there dad recently it took guts to go and play the way they did .This Godolphin team are a credit to the town of Newquay and do not get enough praise for there achievement these lads are proud to wear the G shirt and are 1 hell of a team even though i have gone a bit deaf after travelling back on the coach with them think they got to work on there songs a bit for next time but they really are a great bunch of lads with great team spirit . Dont know how they can really beat this season really maybe win the league next season Great team ran by great people and i did enjoy the little song about me at the end . Lot of moaning Parkway supporters in the bar saying we had 6 players out well it wouldnt of made a bit of difference even if they had played today the performance of the G lads was awesome and Jamie Lowry was like a friggin Sherman tank but cant pick out 1 player for man of match today they all where brilliant team effort . Just had a lovely welcome home from my little dog been on his own all day and he likes going to the football . Well G lads have a good summer and Nigel Tania Stevie and everyone else connected to this great club look forward to seeing you all when the pre season friendlies start .Going to be lots of sore heads in the morning but they deserve it . So thats it from me and my trusty pal Smokie Joe signing off until next season and thanks G for helping me get through my illness when i was going for radiotherapy every week it gave me something to look forward to on the Saturdays strolling along to Godolphin way with my dog and getting entertained watching the G . Well its Good night from him and its Goodnight from me