Cornwall Football Forum

MANAGER AND PLAYER MERRY GO ROUND

The season is now over and the phones will be ringing, who is going, who is staying?  Who will be splashing the cash next season?

No doubt St Austell will be strong next season, possibly stronger. Bodmin Town are rumoured to be aim to compete with St Austell next season, with an increased budget.

What about everybody else?

Straight shoot out between Bodmin and St Austell next season and i think it will be much closer too. Parkway will continue the decline this season with integral players leaving and be replaced by Godolphin who seem to have got better each season. Today summed it up for me, Parkway no match for them.

Hopefully Ivybridge can strengthen and maintain a challenge for longer but rumours Saltash squad will be decimated. all merry-go-round time again!

the only shootout will be for second place, st austell are too far ahead to be caught no matter how much money the others throw at it 

​Yawn! :drink:

I think you will find the Second team manager at Tavy was called Stewart Cawte. He did a fantastic job with the second team, finishing 2nd and winning the Cup as well. Very good season after lots of hard work from players and management. 

​sorry, heard the name in conversation, was not sure of the exact name, but know Tavi are promoting him to the 1st team manager post

truth hurts willow tree 

​No, 'new boy'. The season hasn't even finished yet. Bask in your glory now and then speculate about who will be your challengers. I've seen Snoz a few times and a few times they've been impressive but they've had some luck along the way. I'm not going to be drawn into a debate on a league I don't follow that closely. As someone said, I hope your comments don't come back to bite you! :smiley20:

Bodmin will not be the same without Kevin MILLER heard Lee Doel is going to Bodmin as assitant manager to Gilbert heard this from Parkway fans yesterday also heard Tom McHale is going back to Bodmin from Truro Martin Rice is going to Truro and  they are also trying to get Kiefer MOORE back now hes been released by Yeovil but i cant see this happening these our all rumours

Strong rumours phil has left already. Maybe the saltash hierarchy need to invest a little more. Tough job constantly being a top 4 side with a minimum budget. Bodmin will be the side next season. 

​Nothing wrong with any club investing in a higher budget, if you have the funds to do so. But any club living beyond its means to fund a higher player budget, are surely risking the future existence.

more leaving st austell what a nightmare why don,t players show loyalty. Is it because they didn,t take promotion and wont be in the vase and fa cup next season. I bloody new this was to good to be true come on st austell players you know where your breads buttered 

Edited by Ben Howard

If anyone on this forum is mental enough to think this Ben Howard bloke has got anything to do with St Austell then you are even more bonkers than he is.

Also, why, in any walk of life, would you pretend to be somebody you arn't and be associated with a team you have absolutely no affiliation with in an attempt to wind other teams up? You need to get out more mate, that is just bizarre.

thank you lloydy but he has no right  to publicly come on here and write detrimental things about me i am a st austell follower yes i agree i am pretty new to following them but i think st austell got alot of new fans  over last season, i understand he is the second team manager perhaps he should be careful about what he writes in future as it could have an effect of supporter/club relations.

Edited by Ben Howard

more leaving st austell what a nightmare why don,t players show loyalty. Is it because they didn,t take promotion and wont be in the vase and fa cup next season. I bloody new this was to good to be true come on st austell players you know where your breads buttered 

Go on then.... who's leaving ben ???

Until June when the retained lists come out, nobody has left a club or signed for another by anything other than verbal agreement. A player might have signed the form but it won't be valid until June 1st.

Be shocked if he lasts a season at Tivvy. Long way to travel for a home game, even longer for an away game and not sure the money will compensate for all that. He might work hard and know where the goal is, but its three leagues higher than what he is currently used to and not sure he is good enough to be consistent week in week out at that level. Admire ambition to play at a higher level and hope he proves me wrong.

Strong rumours phil has left already. Maybe the saltash hierarchy need to invest a little more. Tough job constantly being a top 4 side with a minimum budget. Bodmin will be the side next season. 

I do believe Phil Bayliss has left, as the club site shows the position of first team manager as TO BE CONFIRMED. 

Edited by pastyman

Phil Bayliss who was featured in last month's CORNISH SOCCER Mag tells me :

"Not resigned but not taken up the offer of a contract for next season . Hoped that the buzz of managing would be there but it simply wasn't. Didn't enjoy the last couple of games so it was pointless to stay on."