Cornwall Football Forum

RIP Peter Wilson (St Austell)

Passed away today. Peter was a former player who supported St Austell for many years and was a Vice President of the club. I have known him for about 15 years and had the pleasure to take him to watch his beloved Wolves (family ties) at Chelsea in 2012 and also to the FAC S/F (Chelsea v Man C) in 2013 so he could see the new Wembley. He leaves a wife Dawn and at least one child, Debbie.

I am really saddened to hear that Pete has passed away.  He was a most pleasant man who loved his football. I got to know him well during the last three years due to our mutual support of the Wolves and St Austell. I always made a point of visiting him whenever I travelled down to watch the Lillywhites, always bringing him some Wolves programmes which he loved to receive. He fought his illness very bravely and still had the determination and stength of character to visit Poltair this past season and enjoy the atmosphere of the Vase matches. 

Pete and his lovely wife Dawn always made me welcome and we enjoyed a good chat over a cup of tea, putting the "football world" to rights ! Please pass on my sincerest condolences to Dawn and the rest of the family, I shall really miss him. Thanks for posting this sad news.  

Nick Hone 

Very sad news and a huge loss. Pete was such a genuine man with a huge passion and love for football and despite his illness he refused to miss watching St Austell last season if he could help it. 

Sincere condolences to all his family. 

What a great shame, and a great loss. Known Pete for about thirty years a real gentleman and a true friend.

There will be a pint on the bar for you on the first game of the season, RIP Pete.

My condolences to his family.