Cornwall Football Forum

Entry to Argyle Matches Div 1 W

Complete joke, league obviously haven't thought about traveling expenses for any clubs. Would think this is a significant advantage for Plymouth Argyle over other teams in the league. Officials have shown favouritism to Argyle in a massive way. Feel sorry for a lot of teams in deep Cornwall especially Mousehole and Penzance.

​As stated above, Argyle "Reserves" were originally going to play at Bickleigh Barracks but for whatever reason they've now switched to Seale Hayne which is hardly the league's fault.

I think you'll find that the League officials are well aware of the extra travelling & I would guess they're not very happy.

If it was down to me I'd have refused to let them play at Seale Hayne this season & then transfer them to East for next season.

There must be a pitch somewhere in Plymouth, after all Axminster were allowed to use the pitch at Colyford School which most pub teams would be embarrassed to use.

This team are nothing to do with argyle really. It is an extension of school where lads do a course and some can't play and are just looking to progess in coaching qualifications. They could just play Anywhere but the league rules state that they must have a certain level of facilities. They should really have just gone into the p&d league and none of this fuss would have happened. The problem is that when these kids enroll on the course they have some sort of grand idea that there is a chance of becoming a footballer purely due to the fact that it is tied to Plymouth Argyle. This is not the case and as far as I know has never happened. Although occasionally they have played against the youth teams as a bit of a run out. If a pro player ever gets a game for the team I will be surprised. But... hopefully these chaps will enjoy the experience and not struggle too much as they are very young 16-18 mainly.

A non-registered reader has emailed me with this fair enough suggestion :"A few years ago Plymouth Parkway had problems with a suitable venue and played all their matches away ; shouldn't Argyle do likewise?"

Response from the SWPL : "Parkway played away in the south western lge, not swpl. Argyle have a suitable ground in league footprint of devon & cornwall, not homeless"

A non-registered reader has emailed me with this fair enough suggestion :"A few years ago Plymouth Parkway had problems with a suitable venue and played all their matches away ; shouldn't Argyle do likewise?"

​Yes it was the SWL, but, we were already members of that league, not applying for it. We were granted that away facility as another suitable ground was not ava for 12 months. We did the gate on those 'home games' and our long serving gate man collected the monies at every SWL ground that season, something of a record then.

Complete joke, league obviously haven't thought about traveling expenses for any clubs. Would think this is a significant advantage for Plymouth Argyle over other teams in the league. Officials have shown favouritism to Argyle in a massive way. Feel sorry for a lot of teams in deep Cornwall especially Mousehole and Penzance.

You say that but Argyle have an away trip to Penzance on a midweek.

​What difference does that make.

They will set out from home which will be Plymouth, so no change there, or did you think that they would meet at their new ground at Newton Abbott before setting out for Penzance?

Don't think so.

​What difference does that make.

They will set out from home which will be Plymouth, so no change there, or did you think that they would meet at their new ground at Newton Abbott before setting out for Penzance?

Don't think so.

​That's an OUCH !!!! - LOL

John , 

Mike Roberts thinks he is so important that he now wants the SWPL to move midweek match nights to suit himself .

always been very self important person !!!!

thinks he is also the best Lino that has ever held a flag ......most of his other clubs and referees will tell you different ! ???