Cornwall Football Forum

Dobwalls early season fixtures

I notice that Dobwalls will have played 12 league games by the end of September, 7 in August and 5 in September!  I appreciate that they do not have floodlights but nor do Sticker who will only have played 7 I think by the end of September. To have played a third of your league games by 30 September seems a bit odd to me. Am I missing something?

Phil Hiscox is on the ball again. I've never known anyone as organised and I admire the work he does to try and please everyone. This is a quote from the SWPL website:

Seen a query regarding Dobwalls having 12 games by end of September.

It’s true, BUT – they were one of just 3 clubs who ticked to play on Aug Bank Holiday Monday (just they v St Dennis that week) there two floodlight away games at Wadebridge and Holsworthy are both in Sept – albeit Holsworthy is the very last day of the month (30/9).

But the real explanation is to look at October – Sat 3rd they are the odd 17th team and have No game, Say 10th is Senior Cup, Sat 17th is Lge Cup and they don’t actually play another Lge game until Sat 24th Oct with just 2 games in a 5 Saturday month (other on 31/10)

Phil H

Edited by Guest