Cornwall Football Forum

St Dennis v St Austell Saturday July 11th

1 -0 final score just back from St Dennis where i saw a very enjoyable match with my dog Smokie St Austell played some lovely football and Reski nearly scored a brilliant goal after his dribbling beat 5 St Dennis Players but take nothing away from St Dennis they played really well and my mom for them goes to there captain No 6 and St Austells best player in my opinion was no 4 Will Tinsley . Brockenshire scored a good goal after Liam Eddy caught a St Dennis player in possesion and fed Brocks to fire a fine goal into the bottom corner i thought the pen was abit harsh given for handball but Lee Whetter hit the spot kick well wide . The 2nd half Martin Giles came on and won a towering header to announce his arrival but i was impressed with another St Austell sub no 16 i think he was called Nixon a very skillful player hes going to be one to watch for this season .Lovely afternoon lovely sausage and chips and lovely friendly people only down side is i have lived in Cornwall all my life and on the way to St Dennis i got lost and ended up in the centre of St Austell near the Market .But did enjoy the game and i think my dog Smokie did as well even though i stood on his paw by mistake . St Austell very ring rusty at the moment but wait until the season starts .St Austell team today 1 PETERS 2 Lean 3 Watts 4 Tinsley 5 Whetter 6 Williams 7 Reski 8 Brockenshire 9 Eddy 10 Sims 11 Slatford subs 12 Giles 13 Young 14 Robertson 15 Jarvis 16 Nixon .1 last note STaustells Dan Lean was running the line in front of me and he should of given for offside to St Dennis player and from that St Dennis got a corner and nearly scored his team mates would of killed him if they had scored think you should stick to playing Dan because your linesman skills are not too good you got to keep up with the play lol . Ok thats me done on to the next friendly at Mt wise to see the new Newquay side vs Port Talbot 

Edited by 100%cornish
I HAD THE WRONG JASON IN GOAL

Hi Midland white Newquay are playing Port talbot fri night so they will be shattered if they are playing St Austell on the saturday .Im just waiting for the results of a biopsy on my bladder something showed up on the ct scan i had but no good worrying about things . Hope to see you sometime this season Midlandwhite that young lad Nixon is going to be some player but he needs to fill out a bit yet but he had some lovely touches when he came on