Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin vs Newquay AFC - Sat 25 July, 3.00pm

Godolphin Atlantic vs Newquay AFC - Sat 25 July, 3.00pm

The Peppermints head across town to face their local rivals in the Brian Biggin Memorial Trophy series. With the holiday traffic clogging up the roads, do set off a little earlier than usual, parking in the streets around the ground. 

Should be a good game but will the teams play there 1st teams i dont think they will . Would liked  to of watched this match but im off to Truro to watch the Jake Ash testimonial because the money goes to Cancer charities and this is a good course . Im going for a 2-2 draw between Newquay and the G Because i was very impressed with Newquay vs Port Talbot they where brilliant that night 

Newquay AFC are sending the first team squad and a couple of ressies who have impressed in training, just as it should be. Weather set fair, hopefully a good crowd to benefit Sandra's chosen charity, one that Godolphin have a special connection with.

Peppermints slip up 0-1 but only after keeper Tom Vercoe was taken off with a damaged shoulder, veteran Paul Clarke unable to stop what proved to be the only goal of the afternoon. Both sides had two or three players missing giving reserves the chance to stake a claim for a SWPL place. A hot afternoon in Newquay saw 100+ in attendance giving the charity funds a boost.

Not a great game, evenly contested but very scrappy at times. Both teams missing a few players and allowing some younger players a chance at 1st team football. Had the feeling of a pre season friendly although good turnout, ref made a few dodgy decisions for both teams. Thought Newquay's cb no 5 had a good game, must say godolphins pitch was looking good today, can imagine a lot of hardwork has gone on there, think both teams will have a decent season.

Saw the Port Talbot game where Newquay were very impressive even when PT brought on the ex pro and a very skill full striker, Newquay could have won by more. The G game was very even, neither side deserved to win and the second half was boring.

The score last night was flattering, Newquay were the better team but only played well in patches. The new striker did get 4 with his first very well taken but so far I am not convinced the new signings are up to competing with the likes of Bodmin, Parkway etc. Early days but last 2 performances bottom 1/3rd of league. (But I hope for much better !!).