Cornwall Football Forum

Penryn Athletic 1 St Austell 2. Monday July 27th

Good result for the lads down at a tough ever improving side. Unfortunately neither myself or Digger could attend due to the club having the weekly committee meeting. Some very interesting topics discussed. Look forward to the big game Sunday now. Digger I already have Pete, Phil Hutchings and Geoff Ham in with me so if you would like a lift you will have to have phone me on the landline tomorrow. We plan to stop off in launceston on the way for an hours shop and a cream tea.

JBx

Morning John,

I couldn't agree more, Sunday will be an even affair and a repeat of the 2015 Senior Cup Final. Its definitely another Trophy St Austell would like to add to the John Elliott Cabinet which sits proudly in the Lilywhites Lounge.

I have tried ringing you on the Landline and left 3 messages but cant seem to get hold of you??? Is everything ok in Stenalees?? Please let me know when you get this as I know you've been feeling under the weather since you've ate that Custard Slice on Sunday.

I was wondering if I could grab a lift with you on Sunday please and if you can include me for cream tea in Launceston. I also intend to buy some extra scones for my granddaughter Amy as Sunday is her cheat day.

Regards,

Digger

I know John is a very proud man of the Trophy Cabinet, although I did see him on the other side of the lounge on Monday hurling abuse towards it. The passion in him is extraordinary.

The custard pie did slow me down for an hour or two but the reason I have been out of the house is because I have just recently bought a metal detector which both me and Antony Chambers have both been out experimenting with at both Spit beach and cardinham woods, I know Antony was particularly delighted with the 1997 Pepsi can he located.

With regards to Sunday I will pick you up at roughly 8.16 as I would like to get to Launceston in good time. 

I will see you Sunday

JBx

I know John is a very proud man of the Trophy Cabinet, although I did see him on the other side of the lounge on Monday hurling abuse towards it. The passion in him is extraordinary.

The custard pie did slow me down for an hour or two but the reason I have been out of the house is because I have just recently bought a metal detector which both me and Antony Chambers have both been out experimenting with at both Spit beach and cardinham woods, I know Antony was particularly delighted with the 1997 Pepsi can he located.

With regards to Sunday I will pick you up at roughly 8.16 as I would like to get to Launceston in good time. 

I will see you Sunday

JBx

​Don't lose it, you'll need it in a few years to find where the trophies have gone...LOL

Edited by TheolderIgetthebetterIwas
spelling correction

Brilliant,I want a lift too please

​Hi Dave,

How are you keeping?

What time would you like me and John to pick you up on Sunday, are you still living near Foxhole Social Club? I remember the days when you used too drink the bar dry and eat of the Pork scratchings behind the bar and still be Foxholes best player.

Kind regards

Digger

Brilliant to hear from you again Dave, Me and Digger were just saying at the committee meeting on Monday about the days we used to have propping the bar up with you. 

The one memory that does stick out in my mind is when you and Taffy had that pint downing competition, needless to say you were the winner :drink:

Stay safe and keep up the good work.

JBx 

Cheers guys,who'd have thought that at the tender age of 16 I'd b coerced into drinking games/challenges by u 2 kind gents n that I'd always win,most sat nights were a blur wen u were involved sometimes it got that bad I'd find myself getting out of my mums bed on a Sunday morning thinking wot happened there lol

i can b ready for collection at any time on Sunday,I'll even pay for the breakfasts in lieu of payment for fuel!

do we have to pay for entry on Sunday or can we get in with phil lafferty?

cant wait for a catch up b like old times,cu then bright n breezy

goosefish

Cheers guys,who'd have thought that at the tender age of 16 I'd b coerced into drinking games/challenges by u 2 kind gents n that I'd always win,most sat nights were a blur wen u were involved sometimes it got that bad I'd find myself getting out of my mums bed on a Sunday morning thinking wot happened there lol

i can b ready for collection at any time on Sunday,I'll even pay for the breakfasts in lieu of payment for fuel!

do we have to pay for entry on Sunday or can we get in with phil lafferty?

cant wait for a catch up b like old times,cu then bright n breezy

goosefish

Have a good time lads. Make sure Digger doesn't have too many cream cakes. 

Brilliant,I want a lift too please

​Hi Dave,

How are you keeping?

What time would you like me and John to pick you up on Sunday, are you still living near Foxhole Social Club? I remember the days when you used too drink the bar dry and eat of the Pork scratchings behind the bar and still be Foxholes best player.

Kind regards

Digger

​Digger, my friend... long time no see! it would be fantastic if I could also pinch a lift on Sunday, it will be like the good old days! Me you and JB discussing our favourite match programs and tea huts within the cornish football scene. How about you pick me up from chinese in Nanpean? i'll get the prawn crackers in