Cornwall Football Forum

BE PART OF HISTORY

Helston Athletic Football Club play their first ever game in the South West Peninsula League Premier Division this Saturday 8th August at home to St Blazey, kick off 3:00 pm. 

Admission £5 for Adults, £2.50 for Senior Citizens and Under 16's (includes a FREE 32 page colour match day programme) 

Bar and refreshments available from midday

Why give a 32 page program away for free. Charge a quid. 

Look forward to the trip down south. If today's traffic is anything to go by we might be leaving very early. Just taken me 50 minutes to get from St Blazey to the other side of St Austell. 

Tricky match to kick the season off. I'll go for a draw. 

Why give a 32 page program away for free. Charge a quid. 

Look forward to the trip down south. If today's traffic is anything to go by we might be leaving very early. Just taken me 50 minutes to get from St Blazey to the other side of St Austell. 

Tricky match to kick the season off. I'll go for a draw. 

Bottom table Blazey this yr,Helston great start

Watched today and Helston fully deserved the victory. They were quicker stronger all over the park than Blazey and on that showing Blazey will struggle this season where Helston will hold there own. Very impressed with Helstons full backs today who looked to get forward on every oppurtunity. Also well down to all the people behind the scenes who have made The ground looking superb. A true club on the up congrats from me????

Very disappointing start to the season especially for the good number of St Blazey fans who made their way down to Helston. 

Work to do is the polite way to sum it up. Helston keeper pushed one effort round the post in the first 45 minutes. Just not good enough. The first two goals were football suicide. First a ball thrown out which wasn't controlled and resulted in a goal. The second a pass across the back four when the long ball up the line was on. Again just a pure gift. After that it was to easy for Helston.

Helstons ground looked fantastic. Lots of hard work gone into that. New fencing, hard standing, stand and light etc. Looking really smart. 

But.....never a wasted trip. Got to see the lows to enjoy the highs. And to win 43 quid on the 50-50 always helps. 

Argyle v Pompey next Saturday should be tasty. 

Very disappointing start to the season especially for the good number of St Blazey fans who made their way down to Helston. 

Work to do is the polite way to sum it up. Helston keeper pushed one effort round the post in the first 45 minutes. Just not good enough. The first two goals were football suicide. First a ball thrown out which wasn't controlled and resulted in a goal. The second a pass across the back four when the long ball up the line was on. Again just a pure gift. After that it was to easy for Helston.

Helstons ground looked fantastic. Lots of hard work gone into that. New fencing, hard standing, stand and light etc. Looking really smart. 

But.....never a wasted trip. Got to see the lows to enjoy the highs. And to win 43 quid on the 50-50 always helps. 

Argyle v Pompey next Saturday should be tasty. 

not all a loss then,£43 cover ur day out with change left over,I'd b happy with that!

:thumbsup: drove by early this morning to have a look at helstons ground.  Absolutely fantastic what they've achieved in the close season. Hard work unity and determination to get things ready .... all good preperation for the season ahead. Will definitely catch a game there this season and catch up with friends ! 

:thumbsup: drove by early this morning to have a look at helstons ground.  Absolutely fantastic what they've achieved in the close season. Hard work unity and determination to get things ready .... all good preperation for the season ahead. Will definitely catch a game there this season and catch up with friends ! 

Very true Miss Chow and a good result yesterday , But how will you be able to catch a game there this season ?  I thought you were off to the land of them there Bonny types !!

I'm not off anywhere just yet ! I will let everyone know when the leaving party is ! I'll have time to relax and watch a few games this season and hopefully have a bevvy or two as well 

All the best to Helston ... Great club with the right attitude.  Deserve their spot in the top league and credit to Sid for his grit and determination..   Respect