Cornwall Football Forum

AFC ST AUSTELL VS NEWQUAY - TUESDAY 11TH AUG 7.30pm KO - CSWPL PREMIER DIVISION

Well not much on tv tonight so me and my Smokie Dog are going to take a trip to watch St Austell vs Newquay should be a good game but im going for a 4-1 win to St Austell hope Newquay could course a shock but cant see it really with the talent  St Austell have and now they can also wheel out Joe Broad and Marcus Martin they must be both nearing 40 but still class players as they showed in J AKE Ashes testimonial looking forward to tonights match nice evening for watching footy but will  have to leave b4 the end my eyes do not like  floodlit football 

Edited by 100%cornish
missed out st austell name

Well not much on tv tonight so me and my Smokie Dog are going to take a trip to watch St Austell vs Newquay should be a good game but im going for a 4-1 win to St Austell hope Newquay could course a shock but cant see it really with the talent  St Austell have and now they can also wheel out Joe Broad and Marcus Martin they must be both nearing 40 but still class players as they showed in J AKE Ashes testimonial looking forward to tonights match nice evening for watching footy but will  have to leave b4 the end my eyes do not like  floodlit football 

Joe Broad 32, Marcus Martin 30 :ninja:

Just back from St AUSTELL and Newquay tried but never really challenged young Jason Chapman in the St Austell goal this St Austell team is a very talented team and will take some stopping but the mighty G wiil give them a game man of the match for me Liam Eddy . Tried using my new camera out and what a bloody disaster mos photos where blurred and out of focus im not use to using digital always used film . My dog smokie spent most of the evenig signing autographs and the St Austell players all know him now as well as PhIl The Manager .Well done St Austell for a very professional performance and Hard luck on Newquay who gave it a go .Sorry Joe Broad thought you was older than you was you just been around so long remember you from Wembley you played well tonight not bad for a old timer lol . Thoroughly deserved 3 points for St Austell could of been more but at times they tried to walk the ball in the goal 3-0 fair result . Good Luck for the rest of the season and we will be back Parkway match i expect 

A word of praise for last evening's match referee.

Simon Long.

Premier League Assistant Referee - no less.

Carried out his duties with a calm authority, no fuss, no prolonged lectures to players, always right on the spot to make his decisions, and kept the game flowing.

First class demonstration on the art of refereeing.:c:

Edited by David Bray

Think the recent additions of Broad, Martin and Brook will be a big factor in St Austell retaining the league. Good to see a healthy crowd last night of 300+. With Sims on the bench and Bowyer still not getting a start, I wonder how long he will last there. Newquay looked ok, with lots of potential to improve with the young age of that team.