Cornwall Football Forum

PARKWAY V WITHERIDGE

Did Witheridge have a full side out for this fixture or was it a typical early season midweek scratch side? I only ask this as last weekend Witheridge seemed a well organised, tight, well disciplined side, to go & concede 8 goals 3 days later gives me doubts it was the same team. Not that i care, just baffled me!

I liked the look of the Levi / Sam Hughes  partnership.  Colwell and Hart controlled the game in midfield.  Good solid team performance.

I was at the match on Tuesday evening and can agree with all the comments above.  There are a few unsung heroes from the night namely Rubén Kane and Jordan Trott. Both worked as hard as anyone and never made a mistake. The subs that came on at half time also gave Witheridge problems. The performance was similar to the Gudolphin game but on Tuesday the first three chances went in whereas against Gudolphin the goalkeeper was outstanding. My opinion was Witheridge lost heart after half time when they had two chances saved by Ben Elphick and went straight up the other end and scored. Parkway will be up challenging and the defeat against Gudolphin may have gave them the reminder they needed. 

Edited by JB City
Spelling mistake