Cornwall Football Forum

FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round - Sat Aug 15th 2015

Saltash United 0 AFC St Austell 4

Half time 0-1. Scorers Whetter, Eddy,Tinsley, Bowyer. 

Lillywhites move one step nearer to Wembley. That is 19 goals v Saltash in the last four matches. Well done to Jack Bowyer on his first goal for the club. 

Congratulations to Bodmin, Parkway and Withy who all beat Toolstation League teams. Once again our clubs from Step 6 show up clubs from Step 5. Next round St Austell v Bodmin , should be a cracking cup tie. 

Friday night I hope !!

Lillywhites move one step nearer to Wembley. That is 19 goals v Saltash in the last four matches. Well done to Jack Bowyer on his first goal for the club. 

Congratulations to Bodmin, Parkway and Withy who all beat Toolstation League teams. Once again our clubs from Step 6 show up clubs from Step 5. Next round St Austell v Bodmin , should be a cracking cup 

Good results for the step 6 clubs, It's just a shame that none of the step 6 clubs take the plunge into step 5

I'm not really so sure our Cornish clubs could sustain playing in a league that involved more travelling than present and hence more expenditure.

Many of them haven't got the infrastructure or desire.

Take the likes of Saltash yesterday, no match programme because as i was told at the gate "no one to do it"! You may not make loads of money from producing one, but again an income source not being used! 

i take you point but look at teams that have won the swpl, buckland, Bodmin, St Austell and parkway. Each of those teams take promotion it begins to move step 5 further into Devon and Cornwall, in that time other teams in swpl may have won league and taken promotion. Also alleged money being thrown at players to win a step 6 league is ludicrous and pointless if no clubs want to progress 

Edited by quiksilver

But in this day and age when many clubs appear to be "controlled" by their players, would those players buy into that theory long enough to stay and see it through?

Players make a side successful, the successful side take promotion, the players don't want to travel and leave and that successful side then struggle on the pitch, soon to follow with apathy off the pitch!

Which is better? To have what you can control or to risk implosion? 

I'm not sure I buy into the buzz for going higher in our "non-league" world.

I had to look twice to believe what I was reading when I saw Bideford were playing at King's Lynn. Where really is the sense in that?

image.thumb.jpg.015de9e86af98f2e16f3ea38

The SWPL has already discussed this thoroughly with the clubs and club secretaries. The implications of going Step 5 level was covered at the league's AGM.

It was then down to the secretaries etc to relay the idea and message back to their clubs. They have until the end of August and then the league will be evaluate the next move after the clubs input. I think whether the league decides to go forward with this idea or stays still takes place on the 3rd September.

Presumably they will need enough clubs to be at step 5 FA requirements?

Shepton Mallet  0   Plymouth Parkway  2.

A two and a half hour drive ( heavy traffic ) , a refreshing beer , cheesey chips and someone belching cider fumes in my ear all afternoon was just part of a great day out. I thought the boss picked the wrong team and played the wrong formation......

What the hell do I know lol. After soaking up heavey attacking pressure from Shepton for a good 20 / 25 minutes , Parkway finished the half on top of play. Not much for Levi to latch onto at all. The second half was a reversal of the first, seeing Levi score two well taken efforts. The opposition tried a come back , then the subs came on and the experience of Stringer and Bailey saw us through. Great effort lads.

The Parkway poznan was witnessed once again. Well 2 off us did it . Lmao.

My man of the match was Mike Landricombe , closely followed by Jordan Trott.

Edited by THE BALD ONE
poor spelling

A two and a half hour drive ( heavy traffic ) , a refreshing beer , cheesey chips and someone belching cider fumes in my ear all afternoon was just part of a great day out. I thought the boss picked the wrong team and played the wrong formation......

What the hell do I know lol. After soaking up heavey attacking pressure from Shepton for a good 20 / 25 minutes , Parkway finished the half on top of play. Not much for Levi to latch onto at all. The second half was a reversal of the first, seeing Levi score two well taken efforts. The opposition tried a come back , then the subs came on and the experience of Stringer and Bailey saw us throught. Great effort lads.

The Parkway was poznan was witnessed once again. Well 2 off us did it . Lmao.

what was the starting line up please? 

The SWPL has already discussed this thoroughly with the clubs and club secretaries. The implications of going Step 5 level was covered at the league's AGM.

It was then down to the secretaries etc to relay the idea and message back to their clubs. They have until the end of August and then the league will be evaluate the next move after the clubs input. I think whether the league decides to go forward with this idea or stays still takes place on the 3rd September.

Presumably they will need enough clubs to be at step 5 FA requirements?

It might be a nice idea to have a step 5 league covering the far west, and could be justified on the field. But if (most) SWPL teams are not willing to take promotion from step 6 to 5 (SWPL to Western Lge), how many would be interested in going for promotion from step 5 to 4 (SWPL to Southern League)?

What the hell do I know lol. After soaking up heavey attacking pressure from Shepton for a good 20 / 25 minutes , Parkway finished the half on top of play. Not much for Levi to latch onto at all. The second half was a reversal of the first, seeing Levi score two well taken efforts. The opposition tried a come back , then the subs came on and the experience of Stringer and Bailey saw us throught. Great effort lads.

The Parkway was poznan was witnessed once again. Well 2 off us did it . Lmao.

what was the starting line up please? 

Elphick , M.Landricombe , J.Heveran , J.Trott  , Colwell, Hart, P.Heveran , Bass, King , Walton and Landricombe. Subs .... Stringer and Bailey

Congratulations to Bodmin, Parkway and Withy who all beat Toolstation League teams. Once again our clubs from Step 6 show up clubs from Step 5. Next round St Austell v Bodmin , should be a cracking cup tie. 

only 4-0. That's the smallest margin we've lost to you for quite a while, with arguably our weakest team. You can't be as good this year then!!!! And not even a mention of pants being pulled down. I know you have a fetish for that sort of thing down there

Edited by TimmyRaa

Nice photos Dave. Do you know the attendance at Saltash yesterday ?

According to the official FA site ...

Saltash United   0v4 AFC St Austell (att 128)

Witheridge   2v0 Welton Rovers (att 77)

Shepton Mallet  0v2 Plymouth Parkway (att 128) 

Bodmin Town  3v1 Brislington (att 88)

For the record ..................  It looked as though there were more Parkway fans at this game than Shepton fans ?

I'm not really so sure our Cornish clubs could sustain playing in a league that involved more travelling than present and hence more expenditure.

Take the likes of Saltash yesterday, no match programme because as i was told at the gate "no one to do it"! You may not make loads of money from producing one, but again an income source not being used! 

There are a number of good people involved at Saltash United, but the leadership could be better.

You're only as good as your last game ?

Men vs boys , saltash's defence was unlocked time and time again , more than I can say for the away teams dressing room door , they should of took a leaf out of his book would of been a closer game 

5-2 get in!