Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin v Helston - OFF tonight!

Not a happy chairman and huge apologise to Swpleague match officials Helston football club and our supporters enviromental health have stopped us playing as backlight is still to high as a club we have been trying to get hold of enviromental health for three days to which we finally received an e mail at 2.50 this afternoon again huge apologise to everyone not what we wanted 

Not a happy chairman and huge apologise to Swpleague match officials Helston football club and our supporters enviromental health have stopped us playing as backlight is still to high as a club we have been trying to get hold of enviromental health for three days to which we finally received an e mail at 2.50 this afternoon again huge apologise to everyone not what we wanted 

This is disgusting!

Couldnt this match of been switched to Helstons ground or even of been played at neighbors Newquay ground or even kicked off a hour earlier .I wonder if new people from upcountry have moved in the surrounding houses around the pitch at Godolphin way and are complaining . Lo we ooks like its a night in for me and Smokie then hes not one for much conversation so its watching the soaps as usual then and roll on fri for the match at St Austell between Plymouth Parkway 

How can a light be environmentally umhealthy Tania! Its not the first time youv'e used the lights is it! Has someone complained??

Although most of us don't know the full facts, it would appear that the council have a problem with "light pollution". Maybe the council should be awarded this weeks, " Ester Ranson jobs worth hat ",,,,,sorry all you guys under thirty who wouldn't understand,,, just ask your fathers or grandfathers !!!!!

Its a Football club for gods sake,,,,, lookout next week,,, someone from County Hall, may even decide the noise is too loud !

Couldnt this match of been switched to Helstons ground or even of been played at neighbors Newquay ground or even kicked off a hour earlier .I wonder if new people from upcountry have moved in the surrounding houses around the pitch at Godolphin way and are complaining . Lo we ooks like its a night in for me and Smokie then hes not one for much conversation so its watching the soaps as usual then and roll on fri for the match at St Austell between Plymouth Parkway 

Not that I think it would have ever been switched to Mount Wise, but Newquay Reserves have got a Combo game tonight there anyway! :ninja:

Without going into detail, light pollution is having a huge effect on the planets eco systems. Speaking to a university professor a while ago, he certainly opened my eyes to the problems caused by light at night.

It will no doubt be due to the angle of the lights causing the problem, and spilling the light to far from the ground.