Cornwall Football Forum

AFC ST AUSTELL VS PLYMOUTH PARKWAY - FRIDAY 21ST AUG 7.30pm KO - CSWPL PREMIER DIVISION

AFC ST AUSTELL 

V

PLYMOUTH PARKWAY

MATCH SPONSOR - THE BRITANNIA INN AND WAVES RESTAURANT

BALL SPONSOR - MR NICK HONE

FRIDAY 21ST AUGUST 2015

KICK OFF 7.30pm

ADM: £5 adult, £3 concessions & £1 child

POLTAIR PARK 

TREVARTHIAN ROAD

ST AUSTELL

PL25 4LR

50/50 DRAW,

MATCH DAY PROGRAMME

HOT & COLD REFRESHMENTS

Don't know any close to the ground apart from the William Cookworthy.  The best place for a good meal and real ale  is the Britannia on the main road from Plymouth at Par Moor, on the left as you come down from St Bkazey Gate. They are sponsoring the match. Been there many times, always had a good meal and a good pint of Doom Bar, Tribute etc. 

Don't know any close to the ground apart from the William Cookworthy.  The best place for a good meal and real ale  is the Britannia on the main road from Plymouth at Par Moor, on the left as you come down from St Bkazey Gate. They are sponsoring the match. Been there many times, always had a good meal and a good pint of Doom Bar, Tribute etc. 

Phil Lafferty would appreciate this!

Phil Lafferty would appreciate this!

I know he will ! Still an excellent place to eat and drink. 

This game should never of gone ahead not fair on the players and supporters i travelled down from Newquay with St Austells no1 fan Smokie Dog while after 25 mins we thought bugger this because we couldnt see nothing and decided to leave and drive home after paying my admission money a program and 50 50 ticket no

10048 so if i have won we will be back next saturday for the Bodmin game where Smokie will be signing more autographs and posing for pictures lol Was looking forward to this game tonight but if you cannot make out the players its time to go home 

11887985_903628756350942_8676682848910987896_n.jpg

Edited by 100%cornish
added picture from last night at St Austell match should never of gone ahead

i didnt see the point in staying Margo i couldnt make out what was going on at the bottom goal or hardlay in front of me by jasons goal this game should never of been played but well done to Parkway think i will be taking a trip to see them play down Bodmin in a few weeks . I was going to put a bet on St Austell going the whole season unbeaten well thats gone out of the window on to next week vs Bodmin where they will meet the awesome beast of a man in the shape of Adam Carter brilliant player could be another defeat for St AUSTELL  but i think they will win just if they can beat the brilliant Kevin Miller i keep meaning to ask the players if they mind me taking some photos of them but embarassed to ask them always talk to Jason Chapman but havnt asked if he would mind me taking his photo maybe next saturday after hes got over tonights defeat .

As a neutral my take on this game was that in the first half St Austell dominated the game with the number 7 creating chances galore for the quick CF. Plymouth had just the two shots on goal in the first half! St Austell were unlucky not to be level when a beautifully curled free kick hit the woodwork.  HT 1-2

St Austell are a big physical team who had little creativity in the game and created hardly any chances in the second half.  Plymouth took a 4-1 lead as St Austell conceded two soft goals. St Austell's defence was carved open with ease. The home side pulled one back from a corner. St Austell had a player dismissed for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity or so I assume (my view was hampered by the fog). Plymouth scored the resulting penalty. 

Overall it was a poor game of football with every pass turning into a 50/50 challenge.  Poor entertainment 

Sub giles sent off... not sure on scorers but think Parkways were .. Trott, Hart, Hughes and Landricombe 2 (1 pen)

Eddy and  ? For Town

trott 2 Hart.,colwell and hughes i thought they were but hey we were only stood next to each other ,bloody fog

great effort by all the lads,added bonus in Gavin coming on for his 1st appearance of the season

As a neutral my take on this game was that in the first half St Austell dominated the game with the number 7 creating chances galore for the quick CF. Plymouth had just the two shots on goal in the first half! St Austell were unlucky not to be level when a beautifully curled free kick hit the woodwork.  HT 1-2

St Austell are a big physical team who had little creativity in the game and created hardly any chances in the second half.  Plymouth took a 4-1 lead as St Austell conceded two soft goals. St Austell's defence was carved open with ease. The home side pulled one back from a corner. St Austell had a player dismissed for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity or so I assume (my view was hampered by the fog). Plymouth scored the resulting penalty. 

Overall it was a poor game of football with every pass turning into a 50/50 challenge.  Poor entertainment 

As another neutral, I agree with Northernmonkey on a lot of his observations. Conditions made it difficult for flowing football but the Parkway Captain in centre midfield (only player on the pitch who looked like he wanted to play football and did so) and their no. 10 up front (tireless running putting the 'big' St Austell defenders under constant pressure) were the difference IMO. I have no doubt that St Austell are normally a much better footballing side, they wouldn't have acheived what they did last season if not but I wasn't overly impressed with my first live viewing of them

Some poor predictions weren't there? 

think mine was the worse lol

Still got a sour taste in ur mouth bout st austells great season last time round leedsunited lol

Certainly not Dave, been there so many times before at Bodmin.  I was talking about cheap Mayo!

Should think Phil might have a bad taste this morning though after last night.

think laffs needs to up the wages of the players to get better results lol

This game should never of gone ahead not fair on the players and supporters i travelled down from Newquay with St Austells no1 fan Smokie Dog while after 25 mins we thought bugger this because we couldnt see nothing and decided to leave and drive home after paying my admission money a program and 50 50 ticket no

10048 so if i have won we will be back next saturday for the Bodmin game where Smokie will be signing more autographs and posing for pictures lol Was looking forward to this game tonight but if you cannot make out the players its time to go home 

11887985_903628756350942_8676682848910987896_n.jpg

10048 could be a winner if I remember rightly!! It was definitely close to that number anyway!

Coopes can you confirm??

I have thrown the 50/50 ticket away if i have won but i doubt it anyway me and my trusty Mutt will be down St Austell theis Saturday  to see them play Bodmin should be a cracker hope its not peeing down or foggy 

As you are going to the match on Saturday, find your ticket as you may have won, as there are usually three prizes.  If you have it see Dave Lean who will be usually on the main gate and he'll check it for you. If you have won you could call in at the new local pub called "The Tesco Express" !