Cornwall Football Forum

FA Cup

11 V 11 is the only numbers thats important ;)

we have players that are more than capable of playing that standard. But  couldn't  of got a much tougher draw. Home helps us but its going to be tough. But  this is the FA Cup and there has been bigger upsets than Bodmin beating Bath.

Our new signing will help us though :)  hope to be announced via the Cornish Guardian in the next 24 hours. 

Regards

MM

Just seen on the FA website:

Bodmin v Bath City

Taunton v Truro City

Be wary- In 1992 Bath came to Falmouth in a 2nd Q/R tie and did their homework on the anticipated attendance and decided to have an overnight stay in Plymouth. The gate takings of £1000 was gobbled up by Hotel accomodation, coach travel and match officials expenses leaving both clubs sharing the  remaining £3-88p.

In an over zealous approach by the visitors notably the treatment by Grantly Dicks on a young Ian Gosling the Bath club left straight after the tie -not attending the post match buffet.

Perhaps Mark Rapsey can give his account of the onfield physical game -I see Rappo even got booked lol

result 0-3 to Bath

Since then their only other return to Cornwall in 2007 there were some unsavoury incidents at Truro especially at the railway station-Bath won 1-0

Edited by Mike Odgers

We hope to confirm this, but as per the Andrew Neal signing we have to wait for the correct documentation to be completed. 

I can confirm that Shane has agreed to join Bodmin though 

Very pleased Chairman, myself Darren and Lee identified Andrew and Shane as possible signings at the beginning of the month  and we have worked hard to get them done, they are great additions to an already impressive squad. 

Positive work on and off the pitch

MM 

We hope to confirm this, but as per the Andrew Neal signing we have to wait for the correct documentation to be completed. 

I can confirm that Shane has agreed to join Bodmin though 

Very pleased Chairman, myself Darren and Lee identified Andrew and Shane as possible signings at the beginning of the month  and we have worked hard to get them done, they are great additions to an already impressive squad. 

Positive work on and off the pitch

MM 

Not really much hard work involved in signing a player.  Manager phones player, says do you fancy playing for me (usually offers an amount for 'expenses' per game), do you want to sign.  Player says yes, signs a form, deal done!

Remember the Bath game well Mike!! Half my life ago but only had 3 yellows and a red so tend to remember it!!! They were a horrible, filthy physical bunch who could play a bit as well. Dicks kicked the shit out of Gos, split his lip first ten minutes as well. He was only about 18. Made his brother look like a choirboy!! Backs of my calves were raked black and blue, not proud but left my foot in on the captain just to get one back, was worth the card to be honest. Tommy might remember they had a blond striker called West? Throwing his elbows around everywhere, mostly in Tom and Daves face!! Remember the ref thought everyone was there to watch him and 0-3 flattered them. We didn't create a lot but the boys defended really well. Good luck to Bodmin, always love seeing the Cornish teams win in the cup and vase!! ?  hope you're well Mike. What was the side that day mate???

Certainly remember it Rappo! Grantly Dicks literally kicked Gozzy off the park while their bench laughed at the referee and his complete lack of interest in what was going on. Seemed like he was playing up to the fact he was selected for a big game and he wanted to curry favour with the big boys.  Don't remember the striker's name but he did smash me and Dave all afternoon. Everyone got a hammering which was a pity as they weren't a bad side and would probably have won if they had gone out and played their football. 

Vase and FA Cup matches were always special, shame this one was ruined by a bunch of thugs! 

Good luck to Bodmin hope it's a better footballing occasion this time round!

For Rappo & Tommy-some names to conjure with

Falmouth-Dave Philp-Martin Cunningham-Ian Gosling-Chris"Dodger" Long-Dave Gardner-Tommy Matthews-Mark Rowe-George Torrance-Darren Northcott-Mark Rapsey-Nigel Thwaites Subs Alan Lenton-Duncan Powell Mark Hope

Bath-David Mogg-David Palmer-Grantley Dicks-Jerry Gill-Richard Crowley-Rob Cousins-Chris Banks-Martin Boyle-Graham Withey-Paul; Randall-Dave Singleton- Sub-Ian Weston

Just while I think of it, should the tie go to a replay at Twerton Park I will be attempting to get there dependent on whether I have work or not, if anyone else does go should there be a replay would they be able to give me a lift back from the game as I will have to go up by public transport, happy to contribute towards fuel.

If you can PM me regarding this that would be great but as we know this is an if at this stage :)

Our admission price is in line with many other Fa Cup fixtures this weekend in fact I would be surprised if there is many cheaper at this stage of the competition Also for those who are not aware we have to pay out nearly £1000 to Bath for travelling down as well as splitting the gate receipts. So if we go out at this stage then in all probability we will still make a loss. 

I hope the slight increase does not deter people from coming and supporting Bodmin in what will be a great occasion for Cornish football.

Its going to be tough but you know what with you behind us we might just be able to win this.

I would have thought putting an extra £3 on the price would deter people. This is too much money to pay for football at  this standard.

As our local clubs progress further into National Competitions then match costs rise, especially for those who are playing clubs who have to travel long distances down to Cornwall, travelling costs have to be met by the home club as in the FA Vase. Also the extra staff needed on these matches have costs too. Although St Austell charged £10 adults and £6 concessions for the FA Vase Quarter & Semi-finals, very little profit was made on the day mainly due to the hiring of qualified security staff and building work which was enforced by the FA due to the size of the crowd. 

Edited by midlandlilywhite