Kellys of Bodmin

BALL SPONSORS

Proper Cornish 

Wrap and Stck

DUG OUT SPONSORS 

Steve Andrews Tyres 

MAN OF THE MATCH SPONSORS 

West End Motors 

Thank you for all the generous player and manager sponsors who have come from not only Bodmin supporters but from clubs throughout Cornwall a list will be in the official match day programme

KICK OFF 15.00

BAR OPEN FROM 12.00

REFRESHMENT HUT OPEN  FROM 13.30

50/50

SPOT THE BALL

GUESS THE ATTENDANCE IN ASSOCIATION WITH TEAM UP 

So we are nearly there Bodmin Town Step 6 V Step 2 Bath City in the FA Cup 2nd Round Qualifying.

We are really hoping where possible that the Cornish football fraternity turn out and come and support us in what is being billed as the biggest competitive game in the clubs History, thank you for the messages of support form many clubs over the last week it been very humbling, Darren, Lee and the boys will certainly be giving it a bloody good go and we hope to continue the excellent run. 

Its going to be tough but with you as our 12th man we can do this.

Why no mention of the entrance fee. I think I read somewhere it's a bit more than usual is that why isn't hasn't been mentioned

Charging £8, really for no apparent reason !

I thought the Bodmin chairman had stated the reason :- "Also for those who are not aware we have to pay out nearly £1000 to Bath for travelling down as well as splitting the gate receipts. So if we go out at this stage then in all probability we will still make a loss."

Big Al - I honestly don't know if you're one of the best wind-up merchants around or just a disillusioned old soul?

Why no mention of the entrance fee. I think I read somewhere it's a bit more than usual is that why isn't hasn't been mentioned

I thought the Bodmin chairman had stated the reason :- "Also for those who are not aware we have to pay out nearly £1000 to Bath for travelling down as well as splitting the gate receipts. So if we go out at this stage then in all probability we will still make a loss."

I personally don't get how it's costing Bath City about £1000 to travel down, when we hosted Ashington in the FA Vase a few seasons ago I don't remember the price going up and they had about 3 times the distance to travel

Edited by tango602
correction to post format

I personally don't get how it's costing Bath City about £1000 to travel down, when we hosted Ashington in the FA Vase a few seasons ago I don't remember the price going up and they had about 3 times the distance to travel

And with it probably went any chance of making a profit (even small!).

Regrettably in this day and age, we have to think of all our teams in the SWPL as businesses rather than charities!

Big Al - I honestly don't know if you're one of the best wind-up merchants around or just a disillusioned old soul?

Expressing my opinion - is there a law against this ? Probably £6 would have been more appropriate. If the crowd is 250 at £6 that is £1500 = more than enough !

Certainly looking to make a few bob on this game, Bath will win and end the run anyway, so just as well make a few pence to bail out what is probably an expensive season.

I personally don't blame them for it, for some clubs.....footballs an expensive dream these days.

And yes, the FA cup can be very expensive, especially if you lose early on your own patch, that's why many don't enter it.

£1500 would mean almost certainly a loss, break even at best.

Edited by TheolderIgetthebetterIwas
additional line.

Big AL you can never have more than enough !!Your saying £6 is ample .Do you read the previous threads.? Moneyman has said it costs £1000 for Baths expenses  Add the costs of extra stewards hospitality referees expenses and you will be very lucky to make aprofit even if you charged £10!!

Off to watch Bodmin today should be a good game but can only see 1 winner really so im going to say Bodmin 1vs Bath 3 think if Rocky NEALE was playing they may of had a chance but cant see it be good to see Andy Watkins back on cornish soil with Bath Was going to watch the G play Elburton think the G will win easily today goin for 6-0